corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Z18XE Corsa B?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Z18XE Corsa B?
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
15th Sep 10 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by Ad-Jackson1990
fly by wire iirc so would be difficult

[Edited on 15-09-2010 by Ad-Jackson1990]

Why is everyone so scared of this? Its a bloody piece of piss!

Because it's a buzz word that everyone that knows fuck all hangs on to. Like the whole heat soak thing with cone filters.

On a C20XE,open cone filters and heat soak DO exist.Tried and tested it myself as have a few others on here.Better,noticable results with the standard airbox.
fazza

15th Sep 10 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with that ^^

ive had 3 c20xe's in corsas and they all run better with standard airbox
alan-g-w

15th Sep 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heat soak can only exist when you're not moving. As soon as you go over 10, maybe 20mph the engine would be enveloped in cold air. You see so many high powered cars with cone filters, it can't be such a problem as people make out.

And just because it made the engine run different doesn't mean that heat soak is to blame - the 1.0's suffer badly with cone filters do they not? And that's not going to be from heat soak.
alan-g-w

15th Sep 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
Unless you have a light as fuck Nova, small blocks are not worth it.

Even XE Corsas are slow imo.

The second part of that comment is only applicable when you're talking about the likes of M3s. I'm not going to claim that XE Corsas are rapid but they're anything from slow. I wouldn't go so far as saying fast but they're definetely quick. Anything but slow anyway.
Corsa_Sport21

15th Sep 10 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My point was purely based on the C20XE where an open cone filter is right next to the piping hot manifold.And lets be honest,there isnt a great deal of open space on the likes of a Corsa to sook in a shit load of cold air.
Give an XE Corsa a good spanking then pop the bonnet and your greeted with a big waft of heat.
As said,ive noticed a massive improvement,so i am putting it down to heat soak.

When your talking about these high powered cars,do you mean N/A or F/I??And what sort of power level??

Most mega high powered cars ive seen have the filter sticking near enough outside the bumper/headlight etc or located quite a bit away from the heat.
Dobbaz

21st Feb 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gsi with x16 suffered from heat soak with a cone on, 1st thing on a morning it was rapid, but after 1/4 hr it was really down on grunt. went to a bmc box and the difference is amazing, same power whether engine is hot or cold. it aint no myth
djgritt
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite liked my X18XE1 Corsa TBH...

Was nice and torquey for little lump.
John

21st Feb 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody suggested just buying a 1.8 sri C which has a 15 year newer design, a better interior and will probably work 99% of the time?

Edit to say it's also a safer car.

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by John]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Z18XE Corsa B? 23 database queries in 0.0118570 seconds