corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine conversion....advice required please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine conversion....advice required please
Plymouth_Corsa

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been offered a good condition (i know the car) 1.4 8v MPi engine for 200 notes with the loom and ECU taken from an Astra 1.4 Si (its the same engine as a corsa sri).

Is it a big job to transfer it into a corsa b 1.0 12v ? Are the mounts the same? And what else needs changing? I wont be doing it myself, but before i give to go ahead on the work, i want to know ive got all the bits.

The engine has done something like 80k from new with FSH, and its a good bit more powerfull then my 1.0 is....and still keeps insurance costs low.

I dont want a massive engine like a 2.0 or even a 1.6 because the policy im on allows any mods as long as the engine stays 1400cc or below - so this is the best way around it, and get myself more power.

Cheers.
and-m

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 03 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id imagine the mounts would be different as the 1.0 is only a 3 cylinder block hence shorter.

New Poll