corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Digital cameras, please help...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Digital cameras, please help...
Patrick

User status: Offline
20th Mar 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People,

I want to get a digital camera as I'm fed up with not being able to put pics up. I'm really not clued up about any of this so can you recommend any decent cameras. Gotta be cheap though, as long as it does the job I don't care. Don't want to spend hundreds as it won't be used much. Also is there any software I need to buy to enable me to upload the pictures onto my computer?

Any advice welcomed.
cheeky c

20th Mar 03 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 20-03-2003 by cheeky c]
Joff

20th Mar 03 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any of the FujiFilm range should be more than enough for your needs.

I've found CompactFlash cameras to be slow (eg Canons).
Midnight Black Corsa

20th Mar 03 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got the sony cybershot and its pretty good. Not too expensive 'bout £140 ISH
IntaCepta

20th Mar 03 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kis that buffy?
Mase
Premium Member

20th Mar 03 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a fuji finepix a204. Its a 2 million pixels one and u can get it 4 bout 200 notes. It's a good camera, nice and small and takes good quality pics. U can also do movie clips on it but only for 20 seconds and without sound. Other than that its does all i need it to do

Mase
corsa_boy

20th Mar 03 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by masey
i got a fuji finepix a204. Its a 2 million pixels one and u can get it 4 bout 200 notes. It's a good camera, nice and small and takes good quality pics. U can also do movie clips on it but only for 20 seconds and without sound. Other than that its does all i need it to do

i got the same one!!
infinitycorsa

20th Mar 03 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate here we go, this is what u shoukld be looking for, i used to sell these for 2 yrs or so-

2 mil pixels or more

reachargable battery

movie feature

software included

get a min 32mg memory card

red eye reduction

timer for pics

highest optical zoom as u can get(this zoom is actually the lens moving)

Try not to use digital zoom as these just enhances the pic thats already there and youll find there will be allot of distortion.

In all honestly there is alot more than that but to much to list, id just get what ya can for ya money (allot of cameras are over priced such as sony), i have an olympus c120 and my images come out spot on even on a4 papper no probs, if u want any more info e-mail me p_nus56@hotmail.com

heres a pic off mine-
someone

20th Mar 03 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have tried out a lot of cheap (<£40) digital cameras at the cheap end of the market found that the £35 digital camera from maplins to be the best.

But I am also looking for a digital camera around £200. I tried out one of those fuji ones and thought it was a bit slow. will I get anything faster for this money?
P@UL

21st Mar 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even though the nikon 775 is about a year old now it is still one of the best 2mill ion pixel cameras you can get in my opinion. the lens is absolute quality. pics come out really well. it performs particularly well in dark conditions, cause the flash is ace for such a samll camera. the olympus cameras are worth a look as well but dont perform aswell in dark conditions however they take smartmedia as opposed tothe 775s compact flash. hope this helps 'someone'.

FUJIS are crap stay away!!!
someone

21st Mar 03 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks
Icy

21st Mar 03 at 04:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by someone
I have tried out a lot of cheap (<£40) digital cameras at the cheap end of the market found that the £35 digital camera from maplins to be the best.

But I am also looking for a digital camera around £200. I tried out one of those fuji ones and thought it was a bit slow. will I get anything faster for this money?

my sony cybershot p71 3,2mega pixels
check my gallery for eg's
wana sell it maybe

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Digital cameras, please help... 25 database queries in 0.0113950 seconds