corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Desire

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Desire
PaulW

User status: Offline
10th Jun 10 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evo is a CDMA phone aswell, so useless over here in the UK.
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
dont be idiots... you will regret going android

It's AJ who'd be the idiot? With a comment like that I don't think so!
Eck
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
got the desire, so far im loving it, hard to get used to coming from a normal shitty phone lol.

How can I get my contacts from sim card to phone? also can I get all my facebook contacts with mobile numbers out my contacts folder?

If you desynchronise from Facebook they won't show. You can still log into and use facebook when de synchronised
Shell
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange are fuckers and want me to pay £50 to upgrade instore for this phone, but free online. But it's been sold out online forever. I refuse to pay £50 out of sheer principle though. If I was a brand new customer I'd get it free with blody bells on, but because I've been with them 5 years and spend between £30-£45 a month( It should be £30 a month contract but i go over occasionally), I have to pay for the privelage?! Eeeh naw.
ajscorsa

10th Jun 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just walked into orange shop in town and got it free lol. £35 a mont, unlimited txts, emails, internet browsing, 50 pic messages and 600 mins
Paul_J

10th Jun 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

If you want to be behind the curve for the rest of your life go android...

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Jun 10 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to be vain like paul go for the iphone

if you want a cheaper but faster phone go the desire

[Edited on 10-06-2010 by IvIarkgraham]
Jambo

10th Jun 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
Orange are fuckers and want me to pay £50 to upgrade instore for this phone, but free online. But it's been sold out online forever. I refuse to pay £50 out of sheer principle though. If I was a brand new customer I'd get it free with blody bells on, but because I've been with them 5 years and spend between £30-£45 a month( It should be £30 a month contract but i go over occasionally), I have to pay for the privelage?! Eeeh naw.

Thats how the industry works. Ring them up they will send you one free. 150 option 1,4,3
Shell
Premium Member

12th Jun 10 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's still sold out apparently! Full will be back in stock just in time for the new iphone being released
Dom

12th Jun 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

You do talk some shit, you even tried to back up your arrogant statement with some bullshit link to a phone that isn't even available in the UK, which is about as useful as a fish with boobs.
Cocky 'fanbois' like you are the reason why iPhone users have a bad reputation for being complete douches! It's a phone, a very good phone, but it's not the be all and end all of mobiles! Get that Apple cock out of your arse and stop being a chump, FFS!

Back on topic, AJ have a look at www.AndroLib.com as it lists most of the apps available on the Android App Market

[Edited on 12-06-2010 by Dom]
PaulW

12th Jun 10 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:

You do talk some shit, you even tried to back up your arrogant statement with some bullshit link to a phone that isn't even available in the UK, which is about as useful as a fish with boobs.
Cocky 'fanbois' like you are the reason why iPhone users have a bad reputation for being complete douches! It's a phone, a very good phone, but it's not the end all and be all of mobiles! Get that Apple cock out of your arse and stop being a chump, FFS!

Back on topic, AJ have a look at www.AndroLib.com as it lists most of the apps available on the Android App Market

Maybe he'll do the same with his account as he does his threads...

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=562734

But yeah, ontopic...

Another good way to preview the App Market is using Appbrain

http://www.appbrain.com

My list of installed apps (current)

http://www.appbrain.com/user/PaulW/apps-on-the-htc-desire

Plus, the beauty with AppBrain is once you install the AppBrain program to your phone, you can then manage all app installs from your PC, so browsing for new stuff and managing whats on there is pish easy!

[Edited on 12-06-2010 by PaulW]
jrsteeve

13th Jun 10 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do think we're behind on the games on Android though, some on the iphone are pretty dam good! Hurry up and make some!!!
ajscorsa

14th Jun 10 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone rooted their desire so you can install apps to the sd card? done this last night was not hard to follow at all. Not sure how this affects your warrenty though. I've got insurance so if it goes tits up ill run over it in my car and get a new one.

If anyone knows any other good places for apps etc keep them coming
PaulW

14th Jun 10 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've rooted mine (did it the day the rooting method was figured out) and I've released a few modified kernels on Modaco and XDA which use A2SD with the latest WWE1.21 rooted ROM.

By default, it will install to SDCard regardless of the app, and when you flash the modded kernel, it will move everything over on boot (aswell as perform checks on the SDCard's ext partition), so boot times will reduce depending on how much stuff you install...

Also, as for warranty... Rooting it at the moment on the Desire isn't a "full" root, so flashing back to a stock firmware and unrooting has no ill-effects. Unless you're on Orange, at which case, there is no Orange ROM available to flash back to...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll