corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Drivers Side E/W Switch Holder Fitting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drivers Side E/W Switch Holder Fitting
Mav 3000

User status: Offline
17th Mar 03 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm confused:

Does it fit onto an existing door pocket and you cut a hole in the existing door pocket to put the wires through or do you have to buy a new door pocket from Vaux which fits the switch holder?

I'm converting from manual to electric and have the switch holder - it has three screws in the back of it and don't know if I need a new pocket or not.

Rich
Mav 3000

18th Mar 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt anyone?
S21NMP

19th Mar 03 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think its a new pocket with a bit for the switches. I've seen them take the little bit out to spray in the Max power book. How are you converting? I want to do the same but can't find the wiring in my doors? I have elec mirrors and central locking.
Mav 3000

19th Mar 03 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Though so - there over £25 new from Vaux

I have the switches, motors and all the wiring for inside the door including wiring for electric mirrors and windows. I'm simply gonna hook it all up.

Onlt thing I'm short on at the minute is a e/w door pocket and the switch surrounds.

Tutorial coming up when I do it (week on Sat).

Cheers,

Rich
c0r5a_gsi

19th Mar 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rich, you can buy the door switch covers from Vaux, they are only £2.50 each!! the actual handle for the door should have the cutout already for leccy window switches, you just change the cover on top of it.
For the door pocket you don't need to buy a new one, you can mod your old one.
I did on mine a few weeks ago when I fitted my leccy windows.

Get the little pod that the switches for the drivers side sit in, you should have three screws on the back. And a small leg at the top of the pod, cut the leg off its not needed. Then put some tape over the screw holes on the back of the pod, and put a blob of tipp-ex or paint on them, then with the acutal switches removed from the pod, line it up with your door pocket there is only one place where it really sits flush, then when its in the right position push down on the pod, so the paint/tipp-ex leave the marks for the holes on the door pocket.
Drill out the three holes on the door pocket and check fitment of the pod.
Next you need to cut away a small amount of the door pocket behind where the switches sit, with the pod fitted to the door pocket, use a pen and mark around the two holes where the switches fit. Then cut them out, you should be able to push the switches into the pod now, they will click when they are sat properly. It can be a little trial and error when cutting away behind the pod, but it doesn't matter because you can't see it when the pod/switches are fitted anyway.
Mine looks factory fit!

[Edited on 19-03-2003 by c0r5a_gsi]
Mav 3000

19th Mar 03 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate thats exactly what I wanted to hear!

I was gonna buy a new ocket but thought of trying it. I spent last night thinking about it and confused myself on how to line the screws up with any holes that I make - Tipp-ex is the answer!

I knew about the switch holders being in the handles - so I'll get some new surrounds this weeekend.

Only concern now is colour coding that switch surround and then not scuffing it with my feet everytime I get out of the car.

Cheers again,

Rich
c0r5a_gsi

19th Mar 03 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs mate, the switch pod doesn't really get in the way, don't really even notice its there now.
As for coding you can either spray the door pocket and pod, along with the little door handle bits to colour code the lot. Or try vaux, I wouldn't have thought the pod is more than about £5.
Mav 3000

19th Mar 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im gonna coat the pod in Star silver to match the rest of my interior and leave the rest alone.

Current Interior:
Mav 3000

20th Mar 03 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from Vauxhall where I got some electric mirror interior plate cover thingy's - £8.50 each for a bit of bloody plastic!

I've also ordered some more tweeter surrounds (I now have 6 of these!) for my switches, but knowing Vauxhall they won't have the gaps in for the switches - I'll wait and see.

These four items came to £25!

New Poll