corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tempted with a Golf...pro's and con's?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tempted with a Golf...pro's and con's?
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Apr 10 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't say the electrics are bad as such, there's just a few bits which commonly fail, like door locks, coolant temp sensors, abs sensors, switchgear inside too.

As well as that, the windows will fall out and the boot will fill up with water when the washer pipe falls off in the roof lining.

Front wishbone rear bushes will be fucked too, if they've not been done, and the anti roll bar will be rusty and hanging off too if that hasn't been done.

160k isn't high mileage for a 1.9tdi, my old work had one on the courtesy car fleet with well over 240k on it.

If it's been looked after (as in serviced regularly) it'll go on forever.
MarkM

25th Apr 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with John on this.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Apr 10 at 03:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So John,you class low mileage as being half of the average mileage for the age of the car??So going by that,high mileage would be say,180k on a 10yr old car. 10x12k=120k,plus half of that(60k) added on top=180k.

Non of the examples i posted are anywhere near that,so cant be classed as high mileage.
TomTay

26th Apr 10 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mk3 colour concept, get a decent one for 1800
John

26th Apr 10 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
So John,you class low mileage as being half of the average mileage for the age of the car??So going by that,high mileage would be say,180k on a 10yr old car. 10x12k=120k,plus half of that(60k) added on top=180k.

Non of the examples i posted are anywhere near that,so cant be classed as high mileage.

I've already explained that I make it up as I go along, I don't even think about average mileage.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Apr 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you just pull out any old number and say,yep thats low mileage.

From the 2 examples you have given,ive worked that out to be half of a normal person living in the real world's average mileage in both cases.Funny that.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Apr 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TomTay
Mk3 colour concept, get a decent one for 1800

You would get a minter of a CC for much less than 1800.Try nearer 1k.

He will soon regret it though as they are slow as shit.Better off with a 16v Gti/Vr6 or even better,a 16v Anniversary.Pretty rare tho the 16v Anni's as only 150 were made.
Fro

26th Apr 10 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colour con would still be better built than a corsa though

Dad has one, has done about 60/70k.
Corsa_Sport21

26th Apr 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any Mk3 Golf will be better built than a corsa.

I went from a Corsa to a Mk3 Anni and it was like night and day.Wasnt as quick but the over-all drive and build quality made up for that.Always said id have another Mk3 but would have to be a VR.The 16v was ok but too heavy a car to be considered quick with 150bhp.Lacked low down pull,needed to be over 4500k to be going anywhere quick.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tempted with a Golf...pro's and con's? 23 database queries in 0.0108969 seconds