corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Is that tomtom I can hear crying?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is that tomtom I can hear crying?
Bart

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Realistically, I think the display on a phone is a bit small for sat nav. I struggle a little with TomTom on my iPhone, but then I think I'm a bit blind...

I have a tomtom go 920T (which is quite a high spec model), and the screen is about half an inch larger than my iphone, but the resolution, clarity and touch capabilites is shite compared to my iphone.

Having owned both the tomtom unit and my iphone, I can say that I cant remember the last time my tomtom unit came out!
ed

22nd Apr 10 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Realistically the iphone has a larger screen than some sat navs.

The Desire has a 3.7" screen.
The screen on a TomTom is a lot taller than most mobiles in landscape orientation. Sorry for criticising something that I have used a lot.
ed

22nd Apr 10 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Realistically, I think the display on a phone is a bit small for sat nav. I struggle a little with TomTom on my iPhone, but then I think I'm a bit blind...

I have a tomtom go 920T (which is quite a high spec model), and the screen is about half an inch larger than my iphone, but the resolution, clarity and touch capabilites is shite compared to my iphone.

Having owned both the tomtom unit and my iphone, I can say that I cant remember the last time my tomtom unit came out!
Yea, the touchscreens are a bit un-responsive on TomToms.

I guess I'm a bit on my own with this one, but I do prefer my One. However someone nicked it
Simon

22nd Apr 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does using these things effect battery life though? I think that's one thing that tomtom has being able to plug it into car and be done, where as with phone by the time you get where you are you've probably got no battery left, unless you have a car charger
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you're going a bit far with the battery thing tbh, it's not like that at all. Kind of silly when you stated that the sat nav would be plugged in and the phone not too.
ed

22nd Apr 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd need to have it plugged in otherwise the battery would die on a long journey. For quick trips across town you're fine. Speaking of driving around town; I'm not sure what other phones are like, but iPhones don't have proper GPS chips in them and they struggle a bit around tall buildings so can take a little while to figure out where you are...
Simon

22nd Apr 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I think you're going a bit far with the battery thing tbh, it's not like that at all. Kind of silly when you stated that the sat nav would be plugged in and the phone not too.

I was only saying this because your phone doesn't normally come with a car adapter, no point in having your phone acting as a sat nav if you can't use it as a phone at the other end.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:

I was only saying this because your phone doesn't normally come with a car adapter, no point in having your phone acting as a sat nav if you can't use it as a phone at the other end.

Ebay - £1.99 delivered

Besides, regardless what everyone is waffling on about with iphones and that crap, my magic last a 3hr journey just fine with the sat nav on. Depends just how long your journey is I suppose, but wtf do people expect? It's convenience, everything inside one handset.
ed

22nd Apr 10 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever tried using a TomTom on battery. They dies after about 2 mins!
jrsteeve

22nd Apr 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweet, downloading now! Already have the car charger just in case anyway, and my TomTom has been a pain in the arse lately.

[Edited on 22-04-2010 by jrsteeve]
Simon

22nd Apr 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alright brett, I was only asking how it did effect it
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, I love my Magic, as you might have guessed.
Doug

22nd Apr 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Know anyone that might want to buy one? Mine is going to be for sale in a week.
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Apr 10 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Doug
quote:

Know anyone that might want to buy one? Mine is going to be for sale in a week.

Just tried to tempt the mrs but she hates mine. She likes all it's features, but she really struggles scrolling the screen and stuff, it's pretty funny

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll