corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Most cost effective ways of improving bhp

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Most cost effective ways of improving bhp
sand-eel

User status: Offline
18th Apr 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ARP rod bolts are so the engine can rev higher without the bolts stretching/snapping.
ed

18th Apr 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
quote:
Originally posted by ed
No it doesn't. It increases your power to weight ratio. There's no technically about it.

yes it does really, if you still have the same BHP but less weight it effectivley increases your BHP/PT and also power to weight
Are you on crack?
Kevxx

19th Apr 10 at 04:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cheekyalex
By far the most cost effective way for more bhp out the x16xe is replacing the very restricive inlet manifold for a 'powerbox'.

My totaly standard, high millage engine, apart from the above mod made 121 bhp on the rollers.

Don't know of any other mod for this engine which will give the same proven results for less then £140.

Where can you get such an awsome pefomance upgrade from I hear you cry? Just give me a pm as I've got a batch of 5 being made at the moment and should be ready in a couple of weeks

what price? other folk on here do them too.
jamesy1990

19th Apr 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the x16xe corsa sport and i have fitted a full sportex system with a de cat pipe , janspeed 4-2-1 exhaust manifold , de restricted airbox , rear seats and carpet all stripped and a mantzel power box !

and i must say it is a very nippy little car!

[Edited on 19-04-2010 by jamesy1990]
Half Pint

19th Apr 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a new car...
XE Col
Premium Member

10th Aug 10 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
quote:
Originally posted by ed
No it doesn't. It increases your power to weight ratio. There's no technically about it.

yes it does really, if you still have the same BHP but less weight it effectivley increases your BHP/PT and also power to weight
Are you on crack?

Laugh at me Fuckin Hard if im wrong but would power to weight ratio not be the same as BHP per Ton??
As BHP is power and Ton is weight?
BarnshaW

10th Aug 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

removing weight from a car does not add any BHP to the engine , removing the weight simply as ed says makes the power to weight better.
belton

10th Aug 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah yes buying a new car, that is the best cost effective way of improving my cars power.

And whoever asked de restricting airbox is taking all the pipes out of the inside of the airbox and drilling holes in the bottom the airbox
SnK

10th Aug 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
plus if you remove the rear seats you need to get the v5 changed or you wont get it mot'd..

That's aload of crap.

A garage carrying out the M.O.T only has to check the seatbelts for how ever many seats are in the car.

Therefore if you've removed your rear seatbelts but the seats are still in, the car will fail M.O.T.
If the seatbelts are there and theirs no seats, the car will fail M.O.T.

If there is no rear seats or no rear seatbelts and theirs only the front seats with front seat belts. The car can pass M.O.T.

As i had it done 3 months ago where i took my rear seats out so just took my seatbelts out.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Most cost effective ways of improving bhp 23 database queries in 0.0154600 seconds