corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Following on from another thread on AON....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Following on from another thread on AON....
Kano

User status: Offline
15th Apr 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
I dont know why they bother putting the 1.3 cdti lumps into the astra H, especially the van. they just cant cope with a heavy work load. I saw loads with under 1000 miles come back with burnt out clutches because of "overloading the vehicle" according to vauxhall

I thought they drove brilliant when I worked for Vauxhall. Not designed for heavy loads, Ideal wee vans though.

Kano

15th Apr 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked wheel bearings? The 150's are bad for boxes but they usually give you a bit of warning struggling for gears from what I've heard.

Mines only on 15k so I've got all this to look forward to, especially with mine being boxed they usually rip 3rd gear into pieces at some point.
A2H GO

15th Apr 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i tested the theory, the noise is still there when in motion with the engine off, in fact it doesnt change at all. I also learnt that when you switch the engine back on whilst still in motion the power steering doesnt come back on

It doesnt struggle for any gear at all, really smooth.

The previous owner says he changed both the front wheel bearings but might be worth a shot. Im guessing they arent cheap and have ABS sensors in which is a pain if it isnt that.

[Edited on 15-04-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Following on from another thread on AON.... 23 database queries in 0.0043221 seconds