corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AutoCAD Architecture 2010.
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Feb 10 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
You'll need to rename it if you have several different types of window - that'll save it as a separate windowstyle which doesn't affect any of your existing windows.

An outward opening external door is a bit unusual though, I wouldn't know how to do that off the top of my head. Why would you ever choose to have a door like that though?

Not at all unusual, all external fire doors open outwards after all

Si,

I just opened an (old) model I did ages ago....but in 2010. Every time I click/right click a roof object 2010 gives me all of the edit tools to change it, so I can't see where your problem is

Try this place maybe?

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/

Helpful load of cad users over there
sigibbons

16th Feb 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jules!
Good point about the fire doors, not sure why it would be on the bungalow lol.

The issue i'm having with editing roof slabs, is adding a std fascia, soffit and gutter detail. I think i need to draw a profile of the eaves and then autocad will extrude it along the edge of my roof. Not sure how to do this though?

Other things are adding tiles to the roof and making my walls extend up into the underside of the roof (gable end).

Thanks for the link, i'll check it out!
Simon

16th Feb 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For fascias and gutters all you need to do is go to wall sweep under the modelling section and select gutter/fascia/slab edge, then at the top you can click the button to edit the properties of each. Then I prefer to do it in the 3D view, just select the edges of the roof to add the bits.

I've never textured a roof with tiles before but thought it would have worked out tile directions etc itself, so can't help with that bit sorry
Simon

16th Feb 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and with walls and roofs I think when you select the wall you want to join a button comes available at the top labelled attach, press that and then select the roof and it should join it
charcoalgrill

22nd Feb 10 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you need to do for your project?

Im doing a Building Surveying degree in Bristol.

I did some work on Archicad v11 last year - VERY easy to use, create in 2d by addeding elements, rather than drawing lines. Then adjust heights for a 3d model.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=226002&id=706740614&l=67154cc84d

Hopefully this works ^^

Currently using Revit for a 2d refurbishment project, its easy to use in 2d, 3d graphics arent great, but probably easier to use than archicad. And its autodesk so can open up other files from autodesk.

If anyone else uses Revit and has some tips- please message me.

OR if anyone knows why archicad wont run on windows 7 please let me know

[Edited on 22-02-2010 by charcoalgrill]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll