corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dodge boot popper

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dodge boot popper
corsa_chris_w

User status: Offline
9th Feb 10 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa sport has semi flush boot it has a boot popper but its dodge cause u got to mess with green wire to make it open and then you got to push the boot your self im gussing its a cheap thing and the button is in the back with the wires just layin on the boot floor.
how easy is it to fit a proper boot popper with button in dash so i can flick it then just pull it open from out side then i dont after mess climbing in the back mess with button and push the boot open from inside
Eddx14xe

9th Feb 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got a clifford/toad or any sort of alarm?
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its got an alarm with remote central locking but dont no the make its just a cheap think cause its got no locks
i do want a good alarm like clifford but aint got the money at the min so need quick fix realy
Eddx14xe

9th Feb 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean your alarm has no locks?

And i wouldnt recommending you getting a clifford alarm, i have nothing but trouble with mine and i only seem to read bad things about them
AndyCorsaSport

9th Feb 10 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can buy a simple kit off ebay that connects to rear wiper motor wiring, then just use the stalk as if you were putting on the rear wiper to open the boot.

Eddx14xe, i know several people who have cliffords, and are all fine.
ed

9th Feb 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's pretty simple to wire in a dash button to release the boot popper.

Run a fused wire from the battery 12v through a momentary switch mounted somewhere on the dash to the + of the boot popper.
Run a wire from the - of the popper through the wiring grommet into the car and screw it securely onto something metal. You can ground it off in the boot, but seeing as nothing else ever is there is obviously a reason. I assume it's because it's not that good an idea to rely on current going through the boot hinges.

Then you're done. A recommended addition is a spring plunger which can be attached to the boot jam somewhere so that when the latch is opened, the boot pops open. If you don't have this you'll find that the popper will unlatch the boot, but you wont be able to open it as it will be held closed by the safety catch.
Eddx14xe

9th Feb 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always had problems with mine, goes off all the time, sometimes doesnt want to work,

Think it was Tomnova or someone said his friend has oneon his skyline or something and has to disconnect his battery everytime he parks it.

I searched on internet also and alot of people seem to have the same problems
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
What do you mean your alarm has no locks?

And i wouldnt recommending you getting a clifford alarm, i have nothing but trouble with mine and i only seem to read bad things about them

meant car has been de locked sorry
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Can buy a simple kit off ebay that connects to rear wiper motor wiring, then just use the stalk as if you were putting on the rear wiper to open the boot.

Eddx14xe, i know several people who have cliffords, and are all fine.

not sure if the wiper motors still in the wiper has been removed and when you push the rear wiper stalk you dont get any sort of noise
Rich H

9th Feb 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May just need to refit the relay.
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it dont pop the boot so just gunna get another been on ebay there around £20 with p&p and get it fit properly dot like messing with anywires
thanks any ways guys
Rich H

9th Feb 10 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I meant the wiper relay if it doesn't make a noise when you put the stalk on as if to wipe the rear window lol.
Shane

9th Feb 10 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would try and get a switch for it instead of using the rear wiper stalk, if its left on it could burn the boot pop motor out if left on, plus you could accidently activate it whilst driving
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oright lol i though you meant the boot popper
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like like the idea of the boot popper threw the rear wiper stalk any one live close to leeds that can do it i will pay of course
corsa_chris_w

9th Feb 10 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i like the idea of the boot popper threw the rear wiper stalk any one live close to leeds that can do it i will pay of course

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dodge boot popper 23 database queries in 0.0108731 seconds