corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BBG Amp?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BBG Amp?
Virtue

User status: Offline
   9th Mar 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folks,

I'm 17 years old and I've got an X Reg Corsa SXi, and intend to get BBG (cheap Phoenix Gold) components, 6x9's and 900w amp.

Just wondered what BBG stuff is like? My mate has the amp (four channel, will run everything) and it sounds pretty good.

Currently, I have a crappy 12" Pioneer, which in the long run I intend to replace, but the BBG amp will run this fine for now.

Any help would be great

Cheers
SteveW

10th Mar 03 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BBG amps are exactly the same as Phoenix Gold. Its just that it is under the name of BBG. i would suggest saving your pennies and getting 2 amps. If you are planning to run your entire system off just the 1 amp, then you might notice it NOT performing as well as it could. Keep the 4 channel to run components etc... and another 2 or preferable 1 channel amp for the sub.

Hope any of this helped.

Steve
CopyWrite

10th Mar 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Optionally run the fron two channels in stereo, and bridge the rear two (if this feature is available, should be with BBG) to run the sub.
The run your rears off the head unit.
Snowy's suggestion is a more flexible one and probably the one I would go for, if I was willing to buy another amp.
if you go for Snowy's suggestion it's a good idea to run the rear stereo speakers in series, this will decrease volume and they'll sound much more like rear fill than in ur ear full on sound
if that makes sense??

[Edited on 10-03-2003 by CopyWrite]
Virtue

19th Mar 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's cool guys, thanks.

What I'm actually gonna do is run two amps: I'm getting a Alpine MRD D-Class amp for running the 12" crappy pioneer sub (intend to get 2 x JL's soon), and run the fronts either of the head unit or off my current Jet Sound (it was free!!!). Can't be bothered with rear components for now.

Thanks for your help guys.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » BBG Amp? 24 database queries in 0.0084870 seconds