corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Broadband Problems...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broadband Problems...
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jan 10 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason, the past week or 2, i keep losing connection to my wireless broadband. if i lose it, unless i reboot it wont work again.

My ps3 is conntected at the same time quite often, and when the laptop loses connection, the ps3 carries on fine online.

Sometimes it dies within 1 or 2mins, others itll go 10mins sometimes 1 or 2 hours and then die. Usually when it starts playing up, itll play up for a few hours on and off very often.

Where the hell do i start with this?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
AlunJ

16th Jan 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit more detail would help fella, operating system, router manufacturer etc?
Dan
Premium Member

16th Jan 10 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vista - netgear router

CorsAsh

16th Jan 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try changing the channel on the router as it may be picking up interference. Also make sure there's no large metal and glass surfaces or fish tanks between the router and things that are using it.

How strong is the signal when you scan for the network?

[Edited on 16-01-2010 by CorsAsh]
Andrew

16th Jan 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remove all wireless networks from the Wireless list and reconnect. If that fails try downloading the latest wireless drivers for the wireless card and installing.

Other issue could be the wireless card in going into sleep mode. To disable this, right click the wireless card in the Device Manager and click the Power Management tab. The untick the option for power saving mode.
Dan
Premium Member

16th Jan 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full signal all the time.

If i lose connection, then try search, it says no wirless networks found, yet there is about 10-15 normally

noshua

16th Jan 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's definitely your computer/laptops wireless adapter that's causing the problem then.

How long has this been happening? Installed any software/hardware since the problem has occurred?

There might be an application conflicting with the wireless. You could try updating your drivers for the wireless adapter.

[Edited on 16-01-2010 by noshua]

New Poll