corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats it worth? 2001 Audi S3 with 130K

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats it worth? 2001 Audi S3 with 130K
stubbsy05

User status: Offline
7th Jan 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a new car and this is for sale at work and just wondered what you think its worth? Its either one of these or a Seat LCR 225 if I can get one for similar money.

details:
2001 Audi S3 1.8T Quattro.

2001 Y Reg, 130K

Facelift edition, Ebony black in colour, with full black leather recaro interior.

Full Service history, 6 months tax and MOT. Exceptional condition for the year, rare to still find one in this condition.
225BHP with Haldex 50/50 4 wheel drive this isn’t for the faint hearted. Reliable and solid build quality, good economy with breath taking performance – when you want it.
Fully loaded with every conceivable extra, ESP, solid aluminium mirrors, dual zone climate control, electric seats, centre armrest, BOSE stereo with integrated amp and sub, 18inch alloys etc etc… Not been fettled or messed about with, all extras were from the factory or have been retro fitted by Audi main dealer (upgraded stereo/Sat-Nav).
This car has the retro fit RNS-E head unit out of a 2007 Audi RS4. This unit comes with Full European Sat Nav (with disc), Bluetooth, TV, DVD, MP3, Car Set-up. An exceptional piece of kit that costs in excess of £2000 to retro fit.
Please don't be put off by the mileage, this is a fantastic example of the S3. I searched high and low for a good example and at first dismissed the higher mile examples. This one is a tight and straight as some of the 60-70k models i'd driven.
Only used evenings and weekends, regrettable sale.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by stubbsy05]
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL at breath taking performance Being an Audi, I'd imagine that'd still be worth what, £5k?
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just look on Autotrader/PH and compare is probably easiest.
Ian W

7th Jan 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well spec'd but im sure you can't get dual climate control and the haldex is more like 75/25 unless its been upgraded.

No idea on whats its worth though, between 5k - 6k I imagine.
BYRON

7th Jan 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Facelift on a Y plate? thought it was introduced on a 51 plate?

Personally wouldnt pay much more than £4250 with that mileage.
csweatherston

7th Jan 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there were plenty of facelifts on a Y plate.
not many (BAM) 225bhp's though.. double check the engine code if you go for it, its more likely to be an AMK 210
whitter45

7th Jan 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

facelift were on late Y's but I thought all had the 210 engine - which i personally think is the better engine

Persoanlly the Haldex is fucking shite and dangerous

Get the LCR
ash_corsa

7th Jan 10 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get a facelifted one on a X plate.

The dual zone climate is bullshit as that wasnt an option.

50/50 Haldex is also bullshit as the S3 system is 2WD most of the time and even when the quattro does kick-in its more like 75-25 (like Ian already mentioned) however, it isnt shite and dangerous.

RNS-E doesnt cost £2,000 to retro fit.

Wont be a 225bhp model on a Y reg unless its been swapped. Probably an AMK or APY which are 210bhp - you cant notice the difference anyway, and the 210bhp internals are said to be stronger.

Also check it has actually got Bose, as you can turn on the 'Bose Logo' on the stereo without actually having the bose amp and speakers. Check in the boot, if the sub says bose on it, its has it. if it has the audi logo on it then it isnt bose.
The bose system is utter shite anyway but people love it because its 'Bose'

Its nice to have heated seats on full leather so check its got that as it was an optional extra.

Id say its worth around £5,500 in very good condition. No more than that though.

[Edited on 07-01-2010 by ash_corsa]
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd disagree about the Bose system and the Haldex that've been mentioned, but everyone's entitled to an opinion. Haldex dangerous?

£5K-ish is probably about right as said.

Remap will see a nice bhp increase too. Sure you'd be happy with it.
ash_corsa

7th Jan 10 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I'd disagree about the Bose system

What do you disagree with mate?
Tiger

7th Jan 10 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£4500. My audi has the Bose system in it, with uprated fronts, sounds awesome I think, well balanced.
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jan 10 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
What do you disagree with mate?

I like it, sub and 6 disc changer, can't really go wrong. Lacks MP3 functionality (maybe later ones have that) but I can live with that. Bass is great for what I want and you can turn it up to max volume without a single bit of distortion.
csweatherston

7th Jan 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slight bit too much bass on the bose for my liking.. sounds unbalanced.
Mine has an uprated haldex controller, so i cant comment on the standard haldex either.

The Rns-E is an awesome bit of kit though.. wish mine had it
ash_corsa

7th Jan 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the Bose systems ive heard inc both of my S3's, the subs have sounded awful, the speakers themselves sound alright but when you take them out and look at them theyre only paper-cone pieces of shit, some cheap aftermarket speakers would probably be better.

Joe

7th Jan 10 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine sounds fine, I'm no sound engineer but to the average guy I think my Bose system sounds great.
Ian W

7th Jan 10 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Mine sounds fine, I'm no sound engineer but to the average guy I think my Bose system sounds great.

Same here with regards to the stereo.

I've also found the haldex system to be great in this weather, certainly helped my getting up slippy roads and had a bit of fun
Joe

7th Jan 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah just been out in mine for the first time in the snow, with the traction control off it surprised me how much grip I had. It was still slipping but for a 'micky mouse' system it made a hell of a difference compared to FWD.

Infact for a shit, boring, over-rated, expensive Golf. I fucking love mine. Proper good car imo.
BYRON

7th Jan 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe

likewise here. I'm no audio expert, but I do like nice clarity and punch and tbh I can't moan too much at the Bose system in the A3.
whitter45

8th Jan 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I'd disagree about the Bose system and the Haldex that've been mentioned, but everyone's entitled to an opinion. Haldex dangerous?

£5K-ish is probably about right as said.

Remap will see a nice bhp increase too. Sure you'd be happy with it.

yeah i think it its. going around roundabouts as soon as you lift off very very slightly you go sideways and with 225BHp it doesn't need 4wd and adds about 150kg of weight
whitter45

8th Jan 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ash_corsa
All the Bose systems ive heard inc both of my S3's, the subs have sounded awful, the speakers themselves sound alright but when you take them out and look at them theyre only paper-cone pieces of shit, some cheap aftermarket speakers would probably be better.

If i remember correctly the speakers are the same for bose and non bose system - you pay for the amp and sub
Brett
Premium Member

8th Jan 10 at 09:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
I've also found the haldex system to be great in this weather, certainly helped my getting up slippy roads and had a bit of fun

Agreed, some people really mustn't be able to drive That's called lift-off oversteer, whitter, can happen in any car if you're going to lift off the throttle mid-corner.

I don't care what anyone says, I can't fault it myself, been amazing in fact in this weather, no hill too steep. Been a right smart-ass driving past everyone who's stuck. Seriously, I've been driving anywhere where others wouldn't even attempt and it's had no trouble, except ground clearance where it's really deep because it's lowered slightly too, but still plowed through.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Whats it worth? 2001 Audi S3 with 130K 23 database queries in 0.0148740 seconds