corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Second TV in Bedroom

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Second TV in Bedroom
A2H GO

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We picked up a new 1080p 32" LCD TV with built in Freeview from Tesco for £199 yesterday and were looking to put it on the wall in the bedroom.

Ive bought an ariel kit that comes with a 10m cable, connector and a splitter. Ideally id want to split the coax cable in the loft and drop a second ariel cable through the ceiling, run it down the wall and into the back of the TV. Ill probably cover it with thin trunking of some kind.

The bit im stuck on is splitting the cable, i have one of these:

In the loft there is this connection(left cable comes from Ariel on Roof and right cable goes to Ariel Wall Point in downstairs in the Living room)

How do i connect the splitter between these two cables? Do i need some form of special connector? The connectors above do come off leaving the cable bare...
N16K

29th Dec 09 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

part of the connector on the right side of the pic should be on the left cable.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll need to go to maplins or similar and get a female aerial piece that can connect to that but of cable

ie cable screws onto the connector female end fits into splitter
Dom

29th Dec 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's two F connectors, which is strange as usually you use F connectors for Sat/Cable rather than Aerial (usually RF connectors), unless it mounts to a booster?

Easiest solution would be to pick up a few F connectors to RF adaptors - THIS and THIS, then use the splitter. Ideally you want to be using a booster/amp....
pow
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Woah, a 32 inch TV for £199? Typo or
A2H GO

29th Dec 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Woah, a 32 inch TV for £199? Typo or

Nope. Its only a Technika(Tesco) but perfect for the a bedroom, Full HD and 2 HDMI sockets.
A2H GO

29th Dec 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
it's two F connectors, which is strange as usually you use F connectors for Sat/Cable rather than Aerial (usually RF connectors), unless it mounts to a booster?

Easiest solution would be to pick up a few F connectors to RF adaptors - THIS and THIS, then use the splitter. Ideally you want to be using a booster/amp....

Yeah i wasnt expecting to see that type of connector up there.

Cheers Dom thats exactly what i was after, ill get them connectors bought

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by CorsAsh-Sport]
A2H GO

29th Dec 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive just seen these on the B&Q website, are they the same thing? If so it means i can go and get them tomorrow:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9686561&ecamp=trf-005&CAWELAID=266920892

and:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9686560&ecamp=trf-005&CAWELAID=266920891

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by CorsAsh-Sport]
Dom

29th Dec 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup looks it

you have a coupler adaptor already (joins two male F connectors), keep that as you'll need it for one of the adaptors....

Edit - you'll need one of each, source requires the Female RF to F Connector (goes onto the male RF connector on the splitter) and then Male RF to F Connector for one of the splits.....

[Edited on 29-12-2009 by Dom]
A2H GO

29th Dec 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
yup looks it

you have a coupler adaptor already (joins two male F connectors), keep that as you'll need it for one of the adaptors....

Edit - you'll need one of each, source requires the Female RF to F Connector (goes onto the male RF connector on the splitter) and then Male RF to F Connector for one of the splits.....

Yep i guessed i would need one of each type to go one each end of the existing connectors then the splitter can just go in the middle. The new cable i have that will go to the second TV already has an RF connector on the end as can be seen in the splitter pic.

New Poll