corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PHP integration with PayPal or Google Checkout

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PHP integration with PayPal or Google Checkout
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
   30th Nov 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never done this before but basically I need to offer a subscription package on my website. They need to be able to click 'Buy Subscription' which directs them to the PayPal site with a fixed price and subscription duration. They pay and it should re-direct them back to my site and once it's confirmed it should they update their entry in the database.

It sounds simple, and should be, but I'm really struggling. I can do all the stuff except the integration with PayPal or Google Checkout. The instructions seem quite difficult to read and I really can't make any sense of it.

For example, there's like 10 different button choices for PayPal and none of the instructions explain what to do regarding confirming a order and then doing a action.

To be honest, I'd probably prefer it if they could buy a subscription and then it would give them a code so they can use it or give it to a friend. When entering the code into my website it would need to check whether it's valid and then do the action.

Has anyone got any idea on how I could do this? If it's a lot of work I could possibly pay someone to help me add this to my site.
ed

30th Nov 09 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a read of the Paypal API instructions, last I read it seemed pretty simple and could be implemented using a touch of PHP and Javascript. I'm sure Google Checkout is the same and has a good API
Ian
Site Administrator

30th Nov 09 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depending on how the transaction is confirmed, you may also be able to have them send you an email which you can direct to a dedicated box which your PHP can check.
xa0s
Banned

1st Dec 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's gotta be easier than that, I've seen tons of websites do you. You just click 'Buy Now', pay, it directs you back and your account is instantly upgraded. I just can't seem to make sense of the instructions on PayPal's site, there's like 10 different options to choose from and none sound like that I need. It's proper confusing.
Sam
Premium Member

1st Dec 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This help?

PayPal Button Generator
xa0s
Banned

1st Dec 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
This help?

PayPal Button Generator

Nope, that's just standard really.

Right now they pay and it takes them to a page saying thank-you, but how does my website tell that they've paid successfully so I can do the SQL changes? I can't find out anywhere, seriously annoying me.
ed

1st Dec 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Paypal API will return a GET or a POST telling you the status of the query. I forget which one, but it does say in the instructions.
ed

1st Dec 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's even a wizard on there if you care to look:

https://www.paypal-labs.com/integrationwizard/ecpaypal/main.php

Also try:

http://www.x.com/

New Poll