corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » scrapyard joys?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author scrapyard joys?
swill_omnibus

User status: Offline
27th Nov 09 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
Scrapyards round here are crap tbh, there is a dedicated vauxhall one locally but it's run by ex coppers

Which one's that?

Gsi bumper £30
AlunJ

27th Nov 09 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxplus in ponthir mate
Twiggy

27th Nov 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find waving a credit card at the scrap man for stuff thats a few quid tends to get stuff for free

Tomnova16
Premium Member

27th Nov 09 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my friend walked out with a astra gte spoiler down his trouser leg and tucked under his shirt, and a digi dash tucked under his other arm, dont know how we got away with that he is only small too

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
gtitim

27th Nov 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate of mine got caught by the owner. He threw a full interior over the fence, paid for few bits and left. Only problem was the field owner rode past on her horse, stopped, phoned the owner who came down with his grease monkey. Was told to hand over his cash or was getting a beating. Technically its robbery, but better than a shoeing. Think my mate had £100 on him. Told the bloke had £50, handed it over, took the interior and left sharpish! Think he got a good deal as the bloke had wanted £100 for the interior anyway!!
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

27th Nov 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant say i've ever had any bargains, need to go to the scrappys more often i think
Ben J

27th Nov 09 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember being a wee nipper and going to the scrappie with my dad for mini bits for his sprint hillclimb mini. He always got me to carry his toolbox. I could never understand why it seemed heavier on way out than it did on way in!!
Crana

27th Nov 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

25 quid for electric door motors and everything need to convert and the drivers door card Most places wanted 30 quid just for the motors and wouldn't split the door.

One place round here wanted 135 quid for a p reg fiesta bootlid lol me and my mate thought he was taking the piss at first
SnK

27th Nov 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found a chavved up fiesta, unfortunately one of the M3 mirrors had come off in the crash but managed to get the h4 bulbs out.
Laguna splitters,
Vw splitters,
Espace splitters,
tbh my scrappies abit shite for stuff. But few corsa' there so managed to get some interior pieces out and spare bulbs if needed.
neil h

27th Nov 09 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think my best scrappy find, was a drivers door for my old corsa. Same colour, matchimg door card and no damage. That was a complete win. Almost made up for the fact my car was broken into.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Nov 09 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had many a scrapyard bargain.

Best was probably a few years ago i found my bro a set of speedlines.Near enough brand spanking new unmarked with brand new tyres.Got them for £100.
Crana

28th Nov 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Ive had many a scrapyard bargain.

Best was probably a few years ago i found my bro a set of speedlines.Near enough brand spanking new unmarked with brand new tyres.Got them for £100.

winner

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » scrapyard joys? 24 database queries in 0.0097940 seconds