corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe-weber40s

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe-weber40s
corsa_gaz17

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, purchased a pair of twin 40s and manifold off kinger01 off here(top seller) and arrived today.
have a feeling that its not as straight forward as just bolting them on, am after abit of info from anyone who has done this.
i have the engine out so its easy to get at things, have noticed that the alternator mite get in the way of the carbs?
and really just need the general step-by-step/info guide to putting these on.
help would be appreciated
gaz
Linch

19th Nov 09 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The alternator can be lowered down using a plate with 4 holes in it and some nuts a bolts...so there's your first problem sorted you will need to attach the carbs and get the fuel pressure regulator connected. then you need to sort out the ignition system, do you know what you are using for this?
corsa_gaz17

19th Nov 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i was told that i wouldnt need any other management but read a couple of threads on here and noticed i need it..or can i run them with out management?
any links to decent management if needed?
cheers gaz
scottc1088

20th Nov 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure the standard management would run it but not very well. id use a facet fuel pump with a regulator to take the pressure to about 3psi
corsa_gaz17

20th Nov 09 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

facet fuel pump?not to clued up on this sort of thing, have a fuel pressure regulator to go with it...was also wondering where my loom would plug into as surely not having sum of the plugs there it would send it to limp hold mode?
scottc1088

20th Nov 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it will be but you only need it to spark. it wont run very well though. you could use megajolt
corsa_gaz17

21st Nov 09 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have been looking at megajolt think ill go woth that..what power gains am i looking at dya think?
one more thing, have fitted the manifold tday and noticed i have a couple of water hoses that im not going to be using,is this ok or do i need to redirect them sumwhere...was the the one that connects to the manifold which then goes into the car,and the two that go to the standard throttle body???
confused.com
Linch

22nd Nov 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one that go's into the car is the heater mate, you need to drill the manifold and tap it and put a male pipe end in...or dont and not have heaters. and the ones that go to the throttle body..bin all together or block off.
corsa_gaz17

25th Nov 09 at 01:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers...with fueling do i buy a facet fuel pump,take out the old fuel pump and fuel lines and replace with ones that come with a pump??i have a reguletor so its just a diff pump i need?
corsa_gaz17

28th Nov 09 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump...any more advice plz??
Linch

29th Nov 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just try it with the regulator for now.

New Poll