corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE loom issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE loom issues
Dan295

User status: Offline
24th Aug 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the xe loom im left with these two plugs

im a touch confused as to what or where they go, the corsa starting and charging loom is in and connected up via the connector you can see at the back of the picture, im just wondering if anyone knows whether i have to crack it open and rewire it.

Cheers
gsiwannabe

24th Aug 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295

on the xe loom im left with these two plugs

im a touch confused as to what or where they go, the corsa starting and charging loom is in and connected up via the connector you can see at the back of the picture, im just wondering if anyone knows whether i have to crack it open and rewire it.

Cheers

what colour are the wires ?????
Dan295

25th Aug 09 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone?
Dan295

25th Aug 09 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone can help me pls
Stuwy

25th Aug 09 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wiring

Before you fit the engine you need to remove the starting and charging loom from the original corsa engine and fit it to the xe. This makes the wiring really easy as now you have two completely separate discrete looms. Once the engine is in the car you simply plug the original corsa starting and charging loom back into the corsa car loom.

When you removed the corsa engine loom (with the engine) you should have been left with a square 9 pin plug in the drivers side foot well. The complete xe loom remains on the engine throughout and simply feed through the bulkhead in the same place as the original corsa loom. On the end of the xe loom you have 3 plugs which will need to be cut off, some of these will be joined to the 9-pin plug and some simply left. (I cut the plug off the corsa loom before I discarded it and used this on the end of the xe loom so that I could still easily unplug it for removal. (Easier to do this before you fit it to the car IME)

Wiring colours are as follows:

XE loom

Green - revcounter feed, wire to green on corsa plug (some corsas may not have this wire, in which case use a bullet connector and run a green wire to the rear of the clocks if you wish to fit a set with a revcounter.

Brown/Blue - ECU light, match to corsa plug

Brown/White - Diagnostics, match to corsa plug

Brown/Yellow - Diagnostics, match to corsa plug

Blue/red (thick) - Fuel pump feed, match to corsa plug

Blue - Coolant temp sensor feed for dash clocks, match to plug

Red/White - Autobox, unused in conversion

Red/Blue (thin) - electronic speedo feed, match to corsa plug

Red (large) - Battery +ve

Black (thin) - Battery ?ve I moved this inside and matched it to the corsa plug
Black/green - Aircon, unused in conversion

I put some effort into rewiring the loom, I moved the permanent live feed to inside the car at the 9 pin plug instead of to the battery, the A/B fuelling plug is in there as well etc, but this isn?t necessary.

Fuel relay block remains as is.

New Poll