corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who else finds the phoning the DVLA completly f*#ing useless

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author who else finds the phoning the DVLA completly f*#ing useless
Richardhhha

User status: Offline
17th Aug 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a rant really,

really need to tax my car, but as i sorned it a few months back i was wondering wether i can do it online as i have the tax reminder number, insurance and mot.. or would i have to go to the post office, as online would be easyer but post office is a big of a cont as the local post offices dont do car tax..

so thought oh i know i'll call them to find out what im going to ahve to do.. yeah like fuck, 20 minuits of "sorry you have selected the wrong section" poxy machines they are completely crap why the hell dont they bring back humans to do this job.. wont get so many fuck ups and people being put throught to the wrong department just because they want to speak to someone with a pulse so they then can be put through to the correct department..

sorry just hate recorded voises one phones that dont give you the options to just speak to someone.

rant over
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called them about buying a reg to see whether it was transferrable. All I wanted to do was give them the reg and see if I could take it off vehicle and put it on another.

Same story, 20 minutes of recorded bullshit only to be cut off a few times. Complete incompetence.

Then you have their letter to me threatening a fine for not advising of a change of ownership even though I phoned them two weeks earlier to do it.

Then they ignored my letter back to them.

Utter, utter, fools.
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all i want to know is can i tax the car online or will i have to go over to my pairents wich takes about a hour on public transport to go to there local post office to tax my car.. but you cant even get a human to talk to you recorded well spoken man FTL
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just phoned them now and spoke to a human and I'm not getting fined - woo.
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what number did you call and how did you get to speak to a human... really coud do with this info lol
Daimo B

17th Aug 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DVLA are quite simply the most unhelpfull useless C*nts possible.

I'd rather be on the phone to customs and excise than the DVLA, they are simply awful
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're welcome to the Preston regional office payment line but I'm not sure they do tax questions - 01772 793926
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i'll give it a go and see if they can put me through to someone whos human thanks ian
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Aug 09 at 15:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck and feel free to tell them they're stupid. I didn't want to push my luck in case they reversed the decision.
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh haaa

I DID IT haahaaa

called the number you gave ian and had a quick chat, bloke said sorry they dont do tax there, so i explained about the daft recorded messages.. he said call this number
0870 240 0010 and when it pics up and starts playing the recorded message, press and hold 0 on your phones key pad and it will put you straight through to a human

so did it, and was told after 2 minuits that i can still tax the car online so thought quids in there
sc0ott

17th Aug 09 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least they are legit english and non of this middle eastern bullkite. or are they
Richardhhha

17th Aug 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all done now, taxed and payed for.... just waiting on the disk to turn up now woohoo
am4nf

17th Aug 09 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been trying to find out if im still the owner of a car for about a year now, the phone system is utter bullshit
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Aug 09 at 18:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to hate having to phone them at my old work. Takes the piss to get through all the options! By the time I'd go through the other phone would ring so I'd have to hang up then start all over again

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who else finds the phoning the DVLA completly f*#ing useless 23 database queries in 0.0124471 seconds