corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » used t-cut today and it frickin messed up my car?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author used t-cut today and it frickin messed up my car?
bradfincham

User status: Offline
4th Nov 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

red sxi - I hope you realise that Auto Glym Paint renovator is a similar product to T-Cut, and it IS NOT a polish, if you use paint renovator you have to polish over the top of it.

mate im not stupid, im saying i use autoglym paint renovater every time, i used it on my old corsa to get overspray off and tree sap, done the job, much bettre than t -cut

i use autoglym shampoo, and polish, and protection, cant fault it, goes on easy comes off easy!
used meguirs with the applicator pad and found it hard to get off, with less shine
JJ

6th Nov 03 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get yourself a very soft buffing pad and use 3M Finesse with a buffer this will remove all scratches and swirls then polish with 3M imperial hand glaze to finish, cover in auto glym extra gloss protection to seal and look the dogs, the best way to prevent this happenin again is to use auto glym perfect polishin cloth, nothing else does the job as well in my opinion, they are slightly more expensive than normal cloth but worth it as ya dont have to worry about swirls etc, auto glym super resin or the gold class magners polish are perfect for keep the car lookin well, i use auto glym super glym, its designed for the trade and comes in 5 litre drums, its super resin but with no cut and is 100% polish... www.autoglym.co.uk

[Edited on 06-11-2003 by JJ]
matt_jonesuk

6th Nov 03 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When T-cut drys the powder left is like a real fine sanding paper to get rid of oxidised paint isnt it?
the_legend_of_yrag

6th Nov 03 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use carplan triplewax original. Does the job, when i run out though i might try autoglym
uprated

6th Nov 03 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just used carplan Tcut colourfast, seemed to make a difference over being just washed with the triplewax shampoo, much cleaner looking and a load shinier.
But thats all ive used as i havent finished the bottle.
paul_spurrell

7th Nov 03 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

don't like autoglym polish. Find it easy to get off, but dont like the way it goes dusty. I use some profesional stuff from my mate's work. never heard of it. Brings up a lovely shine, and doesnt go dusty
matt_jonesuk

7th Nov 03 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use mer superb stuff

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll