corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » A few smallblock questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A few smallblock questions
Gsi_Ire

User status: Offline
26th Jul 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Folks,

Just looking for some info on XE small blocks. I had links from the site saved on my old PC, but its dead.

I have my Corsa GSi running a C16XE. I am looking towards the winter phase of my project and I am considering attempting an engine build (I have a neigbour who has offered to help when I have problems).

So I am considering my choice of doner engine. I want to keep the car on the road, so I am going to buy an engine and rebuild that. I want to stay small block.

So can someone in as a few words a possible confirm what engines I should be considering. There is the C16XE, X16XE, X16XEL etc etc. What engines share similar blocks etc etc etc. Can I use the X14XE and rebore? How much can you rebore a 16XE?

My C16XE head goes on all of the above doesnt it?

Thanks

Jamie
psycho657

User status: Offline
27th Jul 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The x18xe1 and z18xe are small block 1800's and are essentially an overbored 1400, I have 1 in my corsa c a z18xe standard they are 123bhp thereabouts, and can fit c16xe cams as they are a hotter degree than the standard z18xes, a guy on corsa-c.co.uk has been putting a throttlebodied z18xe into his corsa b.

New Poll