corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick ICE question!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick ICE question!!
Makarus

User status: Offline
20th Feb 03 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right getting new sub and amp.

Looking at the amps,
To power the sub I was gonna go for a 300W RMS @ 2OHM Class D monoblock by Viper Audio for £150.

But I have seen some amps around for the same money, that are 2 channel but when bridged give more than 300W RMS, a fair bit more.

So should I go with the Class D Monoblock or for a 2 channel and bridge it??
myke

20th Feb 03 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

class d is more efficient, so makes the same output drawing less imput from your battery supposedly. viper quote in rms. most brands quote in bullshit watts which always looks higher. if a 2chan is rated higher rms when bridged for less then get that, but bear in mind class d is intended for bass alone, whereas the 2ch would be more of a jack of all trades.

also look that the viper output is at 2ohms. wire it normally to a regular sub and it'll put out less than that. would need to run 2subs or a dual voice coil i think to get 2ohms.
Tim
Site Administrator

20th Feb 03 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, all subs are 4 ohm (generally) so myke is right. You need two (or dual voice) in parallel so the amp sees a 2 ohm impedance.
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I am going to be running a Pioneer TS-W1201DVC with is 1000W Peak, 500W RMS dual voice coil. SO I wanna match 500W RMS to the amp so I can really make it kick.
corb

20th Feb 03 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, MOST subs are single voice coil, 4 ohms, but some Dual voice coil 4 ohms, single 2ohm, all sorts really, have seen some with 4 x 0.5 ohm coils(extreme SPL subs) but i'd say that viper is a good bet. Viper are the same company who made the Directed 1100D, a legendary amp of today, small but with almighty punch! If you get the viper amp and a 2002 Alpine Type-R 12" sub then those subs are DVC so can be wired into a single 2 ohm load, and rated at 300RMS, are the perfect subs and amp setup. The way Alpine designed it was so that they MRD-M300 (or wotever) could be used to power the Type-R 10" and 12" at 300RMS @ 2Ohms.
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I like the Alpine but with the amp it just pushes me over £250ish budget, so would the Pioneer be suitable you think??

I play a mix between hiphop and Dance, but mainly hiphop, am I right in thinking a 12" is best because it punches lower, and a 10" is not as deep but quicker responce so best for dance.
Tim
Site Administrator

20th Feb 03 at 01:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hip hop/Garage/etc = 12"

Or you could do what i wanna do and get a 15" and two 8's....
corb

20th Feb 03 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u get the pioneer then ull be UNDER POWERING the sub, as bad and as damaging as overpowering a sub, the amp will have to work too hard and cause some serious damage. Honestly mate, you're much better off with the Type-R Alpine, 4ohm DVC
Makarus

20th Feb 03 at 01:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I was thinking of similar setup but couldnt afford to run the subs that way.

You think the Pioneer will perform well then??

I think it looks sweet too.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick ICE question!! 23 database queries in 0.0092921 seconds