corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What does every1 think of my dads Pug 306gti6

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What does every1 think of my dads Pug 306gti6
Nath

User status: Offline
19th Feb 03 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M Sutton
I said that its been lowered 30mm.But my dad didnt want it to low cause its to impractical if its to low.

Like i said thats fair enough!!! I was just going by the pic of the alloy wheel. Looks high compared to my mates GTi6 that has 17's and has been lowered 30mm.
Super_si

19th Feb 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just for you.....
Nath

19th Feb 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh ok sp, like i'm gonna listen to what u gotta say!
Super_si

19th Feb 03 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you keep biting and replying .

youve made my day
M Sutton

19th Feb 03 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol...u two need to stop arguing lol....CorsaNath hav u got any pics of ure mates gti6?
SetH

19th Feb 03 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the sort of car you buy to put tacky mods on, The 306 Gti is a real drivers car, a proper hot hatch. Nothing in its class could touch it before the CTR and 172. If you put big rims on this car then you spoil the superbly balanced handling, the car loses it`s poise and yes performance will suffer to a degree.

quote:
We went for 17s because 18s would make it alot slower and also it looks better than the standard 15s. Its been lowered 30mm which isnt much but it is very good round corners now, and it has a scorpion exhaust and replacement K&N filter so it should just be as quike as anyother gti....

Drivers being equal i would favour a standard Gti on 15`s, especially round a track. Anyone who puts 18`s on a 306 Gti is a fool, you might as well just buy a 1.6 and go the styling route.

I like the car, but not the lights.
Nath

19th Feb 03 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the most he's got out of it M Sutton
? Its nice dont get me wrong, i wouldnt mind my dad doing up his Astra Coupe.

My mates one has a powerflow system with two inwardly rolled 4" pipes, one either side. Its seriously loud, probably too loud really.
Super_si

19th Feb 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said mate. its a brillaint car, only thing i didnt like was the 1/2 leather i wouldnt lower as pugs are the daddy for suspension and handling. and that car handles like the dogs bollox

Si
M Sutton

19th Feb 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes had 132mph and fuck me its quike to 60mph..Thats all i can say
Nath

19th Feb 03 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sp
Well said mate. its a brillaint car, only thing i didnt like was the 1/2 leather i wouldnt lower as pugs are the daddy for suspension and handling. and that car handles like the dogs bollox

Si

true sp, the seats r pretty nasty, as is the rest of the interior really.
Super_si

19th Feb 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pulled 140 out mates, bought it off silverstone ex pace car. P reg but when registerd became a T reg. was 306 GTi and it scared the shite out me, Didnt realise its potential
Nath

19th Feb 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was 5 of us in my mates and he did 130mph no problems down the A5. Was quality!!!
SetH

19th Feb 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wacking on lowered springs and bending the torsion bar back on its splines is a cheap sh1t way to lower a hot pug. The front will be stiffer and you might get less body roll but you will be taking the tension of the torsions bars and back will be softer. Not a great recipe for improving handling on an already excellent handling car.

Pug Sport bilsteins and uprated torsion bars the only way to go on a car that has already has superb suspensionl.

am i being a biach tonite?
M Sutton

19th Feb 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh they are very nice cars i must admit...they sound mental when u get past 4000rpm and our is a T reg and i quite like the interior, but each to their own.Hav u noticed when u blast the tunes out and hav the doors shut, u can hardly hear anything, they are very sound proof.
Super_si

19th Feb 03 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt get over the speed he was putting round the bends, and the fact it stuck.

Outta college is a good 500 straight then sweeps into a dayton style bend up and blind over

Polo 1.0 97
Corsa 1.4 100
GTi 120

It fucking flew over it
M Sutton

19th Feb 03 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soundz very kool...SetH thanx for that information..Keep the comments comming and if any1 has any good pictures of gtis then feel free to post them.
SetH

19th Feb 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://forum.peugeot-gti.net/

You or your dad may want to join that club, loads of info, really good forums, not full of spam and pointless poah type crap like ours

oh and theres a searchable gallery, so you can view 306 Gti`s till your heart is content

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What does every1 think of my dads Pug 306gti6 23 database queries in 0.0115240 seconds