corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » LED's now for sale.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LED's now for sale.......
Adam_lee

User status: Offline
6th May 03 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust me lads, £20 quid is a good price!

I did this mod myself and it took forever to find the corect LED's. Not only do they have to be bright enough (2000mcd+) but you have to find the ones with a wide view angle. Typicaly its like only 15 degrees but the 30+ degree view angle LED's are best. Other snag is that as the view angle increases the mcd reduces, making the good ones expensive.

Then you have to work out the resistor values (forgoton how to do this) but i think it was about 380 ohms.

And on top of al that you have to solder the fuckers together and get it to all fit in the small plastic carrier that fits in your dash and MFD.

If i knew someone was selling these 2 yrs ago when i did mine i'd of ripped there hand off for em.

If anything corsa nut is doing you all a service! Theres no way hes making much profit and probably spends an hour or two just building each kit. Then theres the postage and the packing.

The only thing that still bugs me is the headlight switch. Ive changed everything to LED's but this awquard little b@stard. has anybody else managed to change this?

[Edited on 06-05-2003 by Adam_lee]
CORSA NUT

6th May 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comment 666 it means a lot to me that Same goes for you Adam!

To be honest i don't make much money but i do it for service i think.I work 10 hours a day including Saturdays and go the gym twice a week so it does take up a lot of my time.

You should see all the e-mails/U2U's/Private messengers i get they takes AGGGGGGGEEEEEEESSSSSSS to reply to them all and most people don't even buy them in the end

I'm happy to help with any projects you may want to try also so you can U2U me if you need any advise

Adam the headlight switch if it's anything like my MK4 Astra it is a BITCH Vauxhall use a special tool to take it out but mine has 1 buld lighting it.You need 2 3mm LED's to make it light up decent mate.
flipmo

6th May 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_lee
Trust me lads, £20 quid is a good price!

I did this mod myself and it took forever to find the corect LED's. Not only do they have to be bright enough (2000mcd+) but you have to find the ones with a wide view angle. Typicaly its like only 15 degrees but the 30+ degree view angle LED's are best. Other snag is that as the view angle increases the mcd reduces, making the good ones expensive.

Done the leccy window switches etc too , theyre fiddly as well and i ended up destorying the first one i attempted as i opened the switch from the bottom instead of just prying the rocker out of the switch.

Then you have to work out the resistor values (forgoton how to do this) but i think it was about 380 ohms.

And on top of al that you have to solder the fuckers together and get it to all fit in the small plastic carrier that fits in your dash and MFD.

If i knew someone was selling these 2 yrs ago when i did mine i'd of ripped there hand off for em.

If anything corsa nut is doing you all a service! Theres no way hes making much profit and probably spends an hour or two just building each kit. Then theres the postage and the packing.

The only thing that still bugs me is the headlight switch. Ive changed everything to LED's but this awquard little b@stard. has anybody else managed to change this?

[Edited on 06-05-2003 by Adam_lee]

i changed mine but you have to be very careful when taking it to bits cos it falls to pieces and is very very fiddly to put back together.

[Edited on 06-05-2003 by flipmo]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » LED's now for sale....... 23 database queries in 0.0104210 seconds