corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » small braking issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author small braking issue
davieslim

User status: Offline
17th Apr 09 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a 1600 sport lowered 60mm all round when ever i touch the brakes the arse end twitches, is this likely to be a bias control issue? its not got abs so its a bit annoying

davie
Ste
Premium Member

17th Apr 09 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your brake proportioning valve 'thinks' your car has a lot of weight in the rear due as it is low. It is allowing more pressure to the rear brakes to compensate. You need to reset it so that it is in it's 'normal' position at the height you have the car at now.

I also wouldn't call it a small issue, if you had to brake sharply on the motorway you would have no control and spin.

[Edited on 17-04-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
davieslim

17th Apr 09 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only a small issue because the cars off the road for the next month in a half to get a 5 stud conversion but its never done it before and wanted to know why its doing it now

how do you reset the proportioning valve on the rear of the car?

davie

New Poll