corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » jamsport like taking the monkey...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author jamsport like taking the monkey...
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Mar 09 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by ckallis500
a good gesture yes thanks.

but what i dont get is we get told that there is nothing wrong with the ecu and it is being sent back to us. to find it gets sent back a week later than when we were told it had been sent. and the fact that we were told the ecu is fine you'd normally expect the same ecu back, seems dodgy when nothign is said about it and we receive a new one, to us it seems that the original ecu was dead...

so then we go down to the garage this even and it doesnt work, what are you going to do about it?

and please tell me because i really want to know, how the hell you can justify this ecu being plug and play when it clearly wasnt lol.

it may not have been you we had been chatting to before parting with our money but it was bought on the basis that it was plug and play.

its just when numerous things like this have been going on what else do you expect us to think?

It probably won't get a crank signal Chris, but that's an installation error on your part, not down to the ECU. I would say that your crank sensor isn't close enough to your trigger wheel as we tried it on another car and it worked straight away, and I mean on the first turn of the key it fired up...

I can give you a cast iron guarantee that the ECU does work.

As for not sending the original one back, we gave you an upgrade to the latest model because we felt that it was the right thing to do as you've been trying to get it to work for ages but to no avail. We thought you'd be pleasantly surprised, not annoyed that you didn't get your outdated version back.

I have no idea who told you it was plug and play, I don't recall having that conversation with yourself, and we'd never describe it as 'plug and play' anyway, there's a small amount of soldering involved, enough to negate the use of the above phrase.

What would you like us to do for you?

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by Robin]
Eck
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

So the problems aren't rectified because YOU'VE not put it on your engine I'd say Jamsport have shown a great deal of common courtesy and have done more than they needed to tbh.
Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Sending a different ECU was probably a case of nipping the problem in the bud, if the ECU was faulty then replacing it gets rid of the problem, even though they tested it.

I work on a PC for a little while.

If its not immediatly apparent what the issue is, sometimes its simpler and faster and more efficient to simply replace the PC with another one, then either re-build the broken one at my own pace, or investigate the issue at my own pace.

Simple business methodology I thought? (queue random "your thick" comment from John )
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

the offending vehicle lol

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by ckallis500]
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

That should be a hoot to drive
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
So the problems aren't rectified because YOU'VE not put it on your engine I'd say Jamsport have shown a great deal of common courtesy and have done more than they needed to tbh.

so you buy something that u cant get working, and you receive a replacement, of coarse your not going to be happy untill you tried it and happy that your newly received replacement now works.

im not saying they havent shown common courtesy because they have certainly tried to sort this out (send a new sensor for free ect)

its mainly the fact of the lies we have previously had, mainly down to postage lol saying things had been sent when they were sent days or weeks later. at the end of the day its better late than never so providing it works then all is good.

robin before we bought the ecu we had made atleast 3 phone calls to jamsport stating we have a mini with a B16 honda engine and we were being 100% specific about what we wanted and what was agreed on.

not once were we told that the ecu will not work with the honda's original pick up (inside the distributor) and since buying the ecu and getting Pee'd off we have modified the bottom pulley and fitted it with a 32-1 (i think lol) triger wheel, and had to switch to wasted spark ignition (coil pack)

we were told 100% plug and play except for the fact a couple of connectors will need soldering (tps ect)

CorsAsh

If Chris Holmes is the customer then why is Chris Holmes not voicing his concerns, directly to Jamsport.

Is he deaf/dumb/mute/unable to speak English?

Seems you've got yourself worked up into a state and needed to vent it somewhere, but at the end of the day it seems like they've done nothing wrong but go out of their way to help you by giving you the latest equipment after your initial problems.

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by CorsAsh]
Pridzz

Hmm surly if your having the same problem more then twice, Ur doing somthing wrong or applicating somthing which isnt faulty - I wuddnt mind getting an ECU with newer software on it for nothing imo
Daimo B

27th Mar 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

so you buy something that u cant get working, and you receive a replacement, of coarse your not going to be happy untill you tried it and happy that your newly received replacement now works.

Personnally, i'd keep my gob shut until i'd tried the replacement new ECU they sent back.

Of which you haven't.. You've just ranted. Think of the work you could have done on that car, you could have had the ECU working all this time you've been complaining over nothing.

PS, I hope it gets sorted, car looks a damn hoot and the Minis are great with Honda lumps in them!!!
CorsAsh

27th Mar 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Think of the work you could have done on that car, you could have had the ECU working all this time you've been complaining over nothing.

Maybe he's on here ranting whilst Jamsport's actual customer is doing as you suggested Daimo.
fir3vip3r

27th Mar 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

PS, I hope it gets sorted, car looks a damn hoot and the Minis are great with Honda lumps in them!!!

suppose you dont need a lot of torque to move a mini

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by fir3vip3r]
fazza

27th Mar 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

mini will be awesome when going, he has huyabusa tb's to go on it (sp)
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member

im actualy awaiting on him to turn up at my house so we can then go and try it...
Kano

27th Mar 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
im actualy awaiting on him to turn up at my house so we can then go and try it...

Why would you come on here moaning away without even trying the replacement..

If I was Jamsport I'd be telling you to kindly get to fuck around about now, good luck if you need any favours from in the future..
_Allan_

27th Mar 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member

Why have they took the monkey?.
Who's monkey is it?
What colour is the monkey?
Is it in payment for the ECU?.
What is the monkey's name?.

So many questions left unanswered
ShEp

27th Mar 09 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

Seems they have been more than helpfull with what they have done

And as said, you've knackered yourself and your mate from getting any favours in the future

ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
You also may wish to delete this thread as somesort of goodwill gesture, because as you are no longer anonymous to jamsport they may well feel they dont want to do business with you anymore if you are giving them some bad publicity completely unnecessarily

edit - as seems to be the case.

As Daimo said, I also have never bought from them, and I dont know Robin or Broster in person or anything, so have no affiliation with the company

[Edited on 27-03-2009 by dannymccann]

this is not to be deleted no. who give a toss about being anonymous?

ecu was bought by chris holmes and im chris kallis a good friend. Fazza (shaun is good friends and knows the whole situation) hows that for not being anonymous

this is to show our ongoing problems with jamsport

which as of yet are still not rectified as we have not tried the ecu at our end on our engine

So you've got it, but not fitted the replacement, but still on a whinge.

Is that Jamsports fault that you've not tried the new one yet??

I see this as they've sent you the part, but have missed ONE small boost pipe, which Robins just sent in the post and apologised for, and your still moaning.

Go deal with V-Sport instead. I hear the service there is far superiour....

i am merely stating the facts
Pip308

27th Mar 09 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member

you sound like a dick

quote:
i am merely stating the facts
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 17:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

If it doesn't work, give us a call and we'll go through some things you can check over the phone.

The one thing which is jumping out and slapping me in the face here is the crank sensor position. I think it's too far away from trigger wheel.

I don't want to come across as patronising, but I think you're slightly outof your depth with the installation here, there's a couple of things you need to get absolutely spot on, such as the trigger wheel/crank sensor gap. I'd even suggest checking the wiring just to be certain it doesn't have a short somewhere, or even a wire on the wrong pin of a sensor.

Like I say, if you give us a call, we'll see if we can help you out over the phone, but obviously that's quite limited, there's only so much we can do.

Can you get the car to us at all to look at?
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by pip308
you sound like a dick

but you are one aint you mate
Pip308

27th Mar 09 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member

i know you are but what am i?
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

robin i know what im doin.... been in this car game for many years done many conversions ect ect.

crank sensor position, i know this has to be very close like .3 of a mm or something lol. its literaly touching mate.

what i am going to do tho if it doest see it is solder a vauxhall crank sensor plug back onto the loom, unplug my cranks sesnor on my car and plug the ecu into the crank sensor and turn my car over.

this will show if its the wiring i suppose.

right another one.

4cyl engine, 30-1 trigger wheel. where does the crank sensor sit in relation to TDC? set engine/trigger to tdc and does te crank sensor go 90degrees away from the -1tooth or 120degrees away
ckallis500

27th Mar 09 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by pip308
i know you are but what am i?

fcuking childish thats what mate.

if you have nothing usefull to say then dont bother posting.

i am forwarding my views on this situation, its a free country (supposedly) and if i believe these problems could have been dealt with in a different manner or even not occurred in the first place then this thread would not had to have been posted at all.
Robin
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

Stupid question, but what metal is the bottom pulley you've had machined made from?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 17:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

ckallis500: Robin is helping you, please continue all of this over u2u, email, fax, text, phone whatever. Theres no need for this thread anymore.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » jamsport like taking the monkey... 23 database queries in 0.1959319 seconds