corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Mattresses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mattresses
James

User status: Offline
27th Mar 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't got a clue what to go for.

I see memory foam seems to be the in thing at the moment, is it really all that?

Also which makes are good?

Want to spend up to £300 for a kingsize mattress. Possibly a bit more if it's really worth it.
Hammer

27th Mar 09 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes they are, I could give you the speel but I'll save you from it

Basically you're better spending a third of your life on a material which moulds to you rather than springs which basic premise is to push back with the same amount of force that you give them.

John got one from the old company I worked for (made from the same material you'd get from any high risk NHS ward) and as far as I know he's happy with it.

They are warmer though generally and there are different levels of stiffness so watch it for that.
John

27th Mar 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, very happy with it.

Don't get one thats memory foam the whole way through, the one's i've slept on are far too soft and just collapse under your weight.

Mine has a layer of memory foam, some other foam, then another layer of memory foam.
James

27th Mar 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hammer you sound like an expert.

Which makes are best to go for? I have heard SilentNight are good?

Obviously I will try before I buy.........
MarkM

27th Mar 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will be investing in one of these at some point...

Hammer

27th Mar 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old boss (Del Boy Mark 2) was about 90% down the road of having a memory foam product fit for market but it failed the BS tests for flammable materials

I don't know if they'd do it but if you try Harvest Healthcare they may be able to make you one up if you give them sizes. Good luck finding a website right enough they're plymouth brethren and can't use computers or phones

Barring that for an off the shelf one the Tempur one's have the layer of normal foam with a layer of temp sensitive material and high density foam at the top. I've never tried them myself but they're meant to be ok.
J da Silva

27th Mar 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have memory foam, can't speak highly enough but they're no good for allowing young boys to bounce up and down on it Jacko styleee.
Andrew

27th Mar 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went the shop, bounced on a few, and found the right one. Just pointing out to test drive before you buy, i never actually bounced on any matresses

Mine is a SilentNight foam one. Cost a small fourtune but as i spend half my life in bed i thought why not spend a bit more cash and get something decent.

New Poll