corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C Radio problem.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C Radio problem.
Bonney

User status: Offline
19th Mar 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The missus got a corsa c sxi+ the other week. When she went to change the radio with the steering wheel controls the radio display and lights on the radio went off and the steering wheel controls went off. Has anyone had this problem with theirs? Is it a relatively easy fix?

I think the radio in it is a CD30 (cant look for myself as the car isn't here, she just phoned and asked me!)
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

19th Mar 09 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has she put it in " slient mode " on my mates it turned the lights off + the sound after a fiddle it came back on
Bonney

19th Mar 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is that done, nothing works at all on the steering wheel, which leads me onto thinking its either a broken wire or a loose connection somewhere.
Rich H

20th Mar 09 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
How is that done, nothing works at all on the steering wheel, which leads me onto thinking its either a broken wire or a loose connection somewhere.

My steering controls packed up overnight - I have replaced them with ones guaranteed to work, and still no luck, so have given up atm.

I also have "Display Safe" showing on my MFD screen so am totally fooked off with it all
Bonney

20th Mar 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically they are crap
Markus
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Mar 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'll try contact my mate, they are made shit i know that much lol
Rich H

20th Mar 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney66
So basically they are crap

Yeh Apparently mine will all be sorted if I pay Vaux to rape me and sort it out via Tech 2. Prices near £100 were mentioned though so really cba! Oh, and my CD30 apparently shouldn't do what it has done (ie. show Display Safe) as it's coded to the ECU so should recognise the car when plugged back in - well I blew that theory out the window
Bonney

22nd Mar 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car broke down completely last night, so will be taking it back to vaux on monday. Will be the 3rd time its been back since she got it under a month ago

New Poll