corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Next Generation Rotary

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Next Generation Rotary
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
13th Mar 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by corsagsigav
rx7 + 1jz=reliable rx7/ love the looks just the engine wud worry the hell out of me

utter tripe.

My RX7 done 80k odd before it died. Scoobs / Evos / Supras all last as long if not shorter.

And a stock rebuild on an RX7 is cheaper.

Whhhatttttt??

Nismo don't be silly mate...there's scooby's on SN that have over 200,000 miles under there belts with just having new clutches! If you don't mess with them they are fine BUT 99% of people do hence all the problems/horror stories.

Even standard RX7's are lucky to see 70K without needing a rebuild.I'm sure a few have slipped over that but that's why i said timebomb.
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and i've said a hundred times on this forum i used to work at a Mazda dealer...

RX8's are NOT reliable cars and they were rebuilding/fitting new engines twice a week to cars with mileages from 60/90K.NOT good from a near 20K sports car.
CorsAsh

13th Mar 09 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were rebuilding Subarus every day I was at Prodrive, doesn't mean they're shit
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's because there not Ash
CorsAsh

13th Mar 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But thats basically what you said about the RX8 Nut.
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but Ash Rx8's are slow..scooby's are not.

End of the day in the case of the RX8...there not quick..they use a lot of oil...they give crap MPG and they sound shit.

If they make the newer engines perform better...use less oil..give better MPG..and make them sound better then all power to them.Lets face it both the RX7 and 8 are beautifull looking cars so they have that covered.
CorsAsh

13th Mar 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't have an RX8 myself either tbh. You get the same mileage to a tank as a 7 but with less power. Must be a weight issue.

Not much can be done to change the sound, it's the overlap from the ports that causes it.
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always liked the RX7..i must have been close to buying one at least 3 times but the rebuilt ones were always out of my price range at the time.
Nismo

13th Mar 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
quote:
quote:
rx7 + 1jz=reliable rx7/ love the looks just the engine wud worry the hell out of me

utter tripe.

My RX7 done 80k odd before it died. Scoobs / Evos / Supras all last as long if not shorter.

Whhhatttttt??

Nismo don't be silly mate...there's scooby's on SN that have over 200,000 miles under there belts with just having new clutches! If you don't mess with them they are fine BUT 99% of people do hence all the problems/horror stories.

Even standard RX7's are lucky to see 70K without needing a rebuild.I'm sure a few have slipped over that but that's why i said timebomb.

Mine was not standard and was thrashed all the time, mine made 83K untill it went.

I have known friends with scoobs with upto 3 rebuilds in the space of 4 years.

End of the day whats the point in having a car like a scoob if you cant mess with it? kinda defats the object of a performance car?
CorsAsh

13th Mar 09 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, some people prefer the "safe option" even if it isn't the case
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

utter tripe.

Whhhatttttt??

Mine was not standard and was thrashed all the time, mine made 83K untill it went.

I have known friends with scoobs with upto 3 rebuilds in the space of 4 years.

End of the day whats the point in having a car like a scoob if you cant mess with it? kinda defats the object of a performance car?

Well i suppose so...None of my 4 have been standard.

BUT i know what i'm doing with them so that's a bonus.The Impreza has probably the most safe gains to be made from simple mods that any other car.The problem is they are pretty sensitive to knock..this is there downfall.Oh and not to mention the MAF's.

Mine for example has the Prodrive ECU and has been decatted..which for those who don't know is bad.

The decat goes outside the perameters of the Prodrive ECU's knock control so now overboosts in 5th which will kill the engine if i take the piss.If you didn't know this then you'd just think 'Oh the engines are shit ' like everyone else says on the bandwagon.

Fully decatted...Remapped for 98 RON and with a standard airbox with decent panle filter and your looking at 280/290 BHP and if it's serviced properley it will last as long as any other car.
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AND sounds awesome..uses oil normally and will be fucking quick..

And only costs me £500 to insure.
CorsAsh

13th Mar 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 13Bs are the same when it comes to knock, too many people whack the boost up, or fit big bore exhausts without remapping and you blow the tips on the first spike you get as a result.

Better way is to keep the boost lowish, and open up the ports, that's how I got 374 bhp at .85 bar. More economic too as you can do say 70 on the motorway without opening up the second turbo.
CorsAsh

13th Mar 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
And only costs me £500 to insure.
I can't argue with that.

£1700. Fucking Bolton postcode.
CORSA NUT

13th Mar 09 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1700

Man at least it's worth it! Don't see many of them around now

Have you not gone down the single turbo route???
CorsAsh

14th Mar 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, I like the driveability of the twins, can just cruise around gently on the first or open up number two if I feel a bit mad.

Max torque is at 3.5k too, so I might lose that with a big single.

Still, might feel the need for a T51r or something in the future, this engine would be good for 500bhp with the right setup, but I'd be looking into WI etc then.
SVM 286

14th Mar 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Does this help?

BMW variant?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Next Generation Rotary 23 database queries in 0.0139019 seconds