corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Zetec S Progress thread (Ford warning)

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Zetec S Progress thread (Ford warning)
ShEp

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That really does look very very
Doldy

3rd Nov 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Cheers mate (Only just seen this!)

I was parked away out the back, crappest place ever, I'd have been better off parking on the gravel car park in the middle!

ZSOC stand was awesome, bang on in the middle right near the Ken Block square. I had a spare stand pass too

Cars looking great! Why have you ditched the inner arch linings?
Graham88

3rd Nov 09 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Love it

makes me want Mo's for mine

this car actually inspired my Forza 3 fiesta too

I was so excited when I saw they had Comps, I have them on most of my cars now
quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
Car looks stunning!
What did you use to get the inside of your alloys sparkly clean? Mine are awful and need a dam good going over!

They are not long refurbed so most of it came off with a sponge, was a bit of tarring but it all came off with AutoGlym Super Resin Polish I had lying around, then just tyre blacked the inside of the tyres I need to do them again now the front brakes dust like anything but fortunately where I polished it, it's easy to wipe off.
quote:
Originally posted by Doldy
ZSOC stand was awesome, bang on in the middle right near the Ken Block square. I had a spare stand pass too

Cars looking great! Why have you ditched the inner arch linings?

Yeah I did walk around and see it, wish I'd gone on that stand now with your pass

Well one detached on the North Circular at about 70mph much to the non amusement of the 5 series behind me who swerved to avoid the arch liner then me with the brakes on hard so I didn't have as far to walk then the second I had a couple of mates in the back and hit a hard bump and could hear rubbing and it was sitting on the rear wheel. So just kept them both out. I would take the fronts out but the engine would get filthy

Thanks people
Graham88

5th Dec 09 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not alot to update here, but I attended the Performance Ford Trackday on the 24th of November.

Fitted a rear strut brace for the day and stripped the back seats out, I need to gain any advantage possible with little power lol.

Bought some Ferodo DS2500's:

What an awesome set of pads!

Some shots from the day, mostly official photos I bought after:

Car performed well all day. We've worked out I did about 85 laps or so on track, and enjoyed every second of it! Brakes are by far the best upgrade on the car, didn't fail on me once all day, no fade or anything and I was hard on the brakes every corner. Coilovers did well too. Just lacked power on the straights where I lost everything I'd kept up with through the twistier sections so that's an area that needs attention lol.

No real mishaps on the day, couple of sideways moments under heavy braking where I was still getting used to a stripped out back end, and a couple of twitchy sideways moments around Paddock Hill Bend where I was getting faster throughout the day but it's all good fun lol. Definetly recommend a trackday to anybody thinking about it.

Oh, and a shot of my tyres even after a 20 mile drive to my mates garage to get new tyres put on lol:

Simon_16v

18th Dec 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What tyres were on the fronts?
flybikeslee

18th Dec 09 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some good pictures of it on track there graham
ste_p23

22nd Jul 10 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thread what happened to the car did you keep it then?
Corsa_Scotty

22nd Jul 10 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes got a Mazda 3 MPS now
Graham88

23rd Jul 10 at 03:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus this got dug up from the grave

Got a Mazda now...I adored this car, still do, just was lots of work to fit the ST engine in the end. All it needed was power but it needed about 5k into it to get the power I wanted, wish I had done it now Never mind

<<  17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Zetec S Progress thread (Ford warning) 24 database queries in 0.0175750 seconds