corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pressure washers..............

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pressure washers..............
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jan 09 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Time for a spot of paint correction to give you a clean base to work from then!!

most definatly

roof doesnt match 100% as its faded and swirls everywhere

Got some time off soon so I am going to give it a bash myself and then get some quotes from a bodyshop if not

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Then get some quotes from a bodyshop if not

Or Rich H

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
Then get some quotes from a bodyshop if not

Or Rich H

Might need paint though as I know my rear quarter has seen paint at some point and that is the bit that doesnt 100% match the roof. So it might need a bit more then TLC

However for the rest of it yer it could be worth it

Rich H

25th Jan 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new paint doesn't match the colour on the roof do you mean? Most likely that the roof has oxidised (faded) and doesn't match the newer paint?

My Paint thickness gauge will confirm how much has been resprayed.

Not pressuring you into anything, just offering advice

Honda paint is pretty soft so getting rid of the marks using a machine polisher should be ok. I wouldn't be surprised if you find you are marring (marking) the paintwork when polishing it by hand btw!
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
The new paint doesn't match the colour on the roof do you mean? Most likely that the roof has oxidised (faded) and doesn't match the newer paint?

My Paint thickness gauge will confirm how much has been resprayed.

Not pressuring you into anything, just offering advice

Honda paint is pretty soft so getting rid of the marks using a machine polisher should be ok. I wouldn't be surprised if you find you are marring (marking) the paintwork when polishing it by hand btw!

Yer I have heard honda paint is especially thin/rubbish as proved by the amount of stone chips on the bonnet

What would you roughly charge to come and do some stuff rich? Im in southend essex btw. Dont know where you are based

Rich H

25th Jan 09 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm the southern side of Guildford, so a fair distance away - further than I realised

I'd be willing to travel, and I'm sure we could sort something out in regards to travelling costs

Services that I offer can be found here: http://www.refineddetail.co.uk/detailing.html

CS members get 10% discount
gavin18787
Premium Member

25th Jan 09 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pressure washers.............. 24 database queries in 0.0097699 seconds