corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police men/women on the board ?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police men/women on the board ?
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
19th Jan 09 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pete_vxl
All the unmarked cars around here have two ariels. There vectras are gorgeous and they stick out like a sore thumb

I used to fit all the radios in the unmarked cars and still do a bit of the work with them, so I already know all of the ones around here
Gunny-Corsa-Sport

19th Jan 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another thing to look out for on unmarked cars is on the left side (passenger side) there a two mirrors instead off 1. there is another one above the standard one especially on the volvos
Welsh Dan

19th Jan 09 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its mainly Volvos. I can't say i've noticed it on any of the other cars
Gez G

19th Jan 09 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mercs and 5 series BMWs unmarked up here.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

19th Jan 09 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a blue Mondeo PO53 OYX, that shows how often I see that one about then there's a blue T5, a silver Vec and a Burgandy Astra, all generally driven by officers in uniform oh we've got a 407 too, can't remember what colour but it come in to the garage that I used to work at to have some work done.

That's all the ones I know of
gazza808

20th Jan 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
well i should be serving a lengthy ban and have about 9 points. i have neither?

if it had been a proper car i would have them. he said that him self.

I'm not disputing the fact that you have neither. But it would have been for another reason, or a technicality. Not because it was an unmarked car. It sounds like you've misunderstood the person that told you that.

it was the policeman him self, he said some thing along the lines of "i cant do you/report you for speeding, so i'm going to have to do it along the lines of dangrous driving."

went to court and to be honest it wasn't that dangrous considering it was about 2am and got let off with a slapped wrist.

but things may have changed now they've changed the laws that speed cameras dont have to be fully visable as this affects police cars also i am told.

[Edited on 20-01-2009 by gazza808]
Welsh Dan

20th Jan 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He probably can't do you for speeding, as he didn't have a calibrated speedo or detection device and didn't know enough about using a measured mile to work out how accurate the speedo was. It was probably a CID car, rather than an unmarked traffic car..

And Police cars have never had to be fully visible as far as i've been aware.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Police men/women on the board ? 23 database queries in 0.0107191 seconds