corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Google issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Google issues
Pop

User status: Offline
29th Dec 08 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey...

I'm having some issues. When I search something on google/yahoo etc and I go to click on the link, rather than it opening up the site I want it opens up a new window with a search engine.

AVG isn't picking anything up. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

All help is much appreciated
colour_golden

29th Dec 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spyware trust me. Try http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

i've seen that type before, does it let you goto the page you want after the 3rd click?
Pop

29th Dec 08 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just downloading that now. Sometimes it lets me on, other times not, it's bloody annoying.
colour_golden

29th Dec 08 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if i remember rightly its something called Anti Virus XP that replaces your security center.

p;s that is a shareware version but there is a full version knocking about *cough http://www.rlslog.net *cough*
C2RL R

29th Dec 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've had this before. its called the google re-direct virus or something. i tried all sorts to get rid of it and i would appear gone but then come back a few days later. in the end i formatted my hdd as it was only a few weeks since the last time i'd done it and i had all my backups.
Matty SRi

29th Dec 08 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use Ad-Aware, Windows Defender, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Nod32 Anti Virus... have had a few things like this b4, and on other peoples computers, ran all them and got rid of everythin
Toby
Premium Member

30th Dec 08 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a similar thing and no spyware could detec a thing on any of our computers, what is it redirscting you to, copy book? if so it is it means the virus has got in your router and changed your dns server settings.
if this is the case, reboot the router i.e. using reset button, re-enter your correct settings allround and change the password on the router, the admin one as im guessing it was standard
Joe

30th Dec 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this, I think I just googled (if you can get it to work) the name of the site it kept re-directing to and managed to find the cure.

Not really much help there though.
Pop

30th Dec 08 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A massive thanks to everyone that has replied in this thread. I've got rid of the virus now.

If anyone comes across anything like this here's a helpful link to solving your problems...

http://www.troublefixers.com/remove-virus-which-redirects-to-gogooglecom-gogooglecom-redirect-virus-removal-tool-for-windows/

Thanks again
Tim

New Poll