corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nokia 6500 Slide issues

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nokia 6500 Slide issues
Daimo B

User status: Offline
9th Dec 08 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know of any? Im sure its the software thats sh1te.....

Firstly, for unknown reasons, during a call sometimes, the phone resets itself, loosing the call, blank screen etc, then it works as normal again.

Secondly, it needs a reboot nearly every day. The "contacts" doesn't work, come sup saying "contacts are not ready" yet if you go to write a text, they still connect fine. This means any incoming calls show the number, so if you don't know its thrown a wobbly, you won't know until that number appears on the screen when an incoming call happens, you answer in that unknowing "hello" voice, only to realise its like your missis, or best mate most annoying.

Thirdly, memory card, put a 4gb MicroSD card in, and it only say 25% of the time recognises that its there. It picks it up when you say go to the gallery, then instantly looses it. You can take the card out, clean it etc, it might work again for a few minutes, but then dissapears again. Every-time it re-connects it has to redownload all your music.

Can i upgrade the software somehow or something as its really getting on my man titties!!!!

Ta
Dom

9th Dec 08 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look here - Nokia Update
Daimo B

9th Dec 08 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooo this is like a whole new thing to me.....

Hmmmm:
Me - v03.80

Current - v08.30

I think im a little behined. Oooo gonna update the software then, see if that fixes my bugs

[Edited on 09-12-2008 by VXR]
Rob R

9th Dec 08 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

debrand the phone as well. takes all the annoying operator supplied shit off of it.
Daimo B

9th Dec 08 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do I do that, or do you mean just delete the files that came on the phone?
Dom

9th Dec 08 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only way i know of debranding is to find a Nokia product code for the phone rather than the operators product code, then reflash the phone and update the firmware - more of a pain in the arse than it's worth. And most mobile shops will charge your £20 for the pleasure......

did the update work daimo?
Daimo B

10th Dec 08 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't get any time to run it last night so will get on the PC tonight and try it.

Needs to be done though

New Poll