corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nokia N97 - Nokias Breaking News!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nokia N97 - Nokias Breaking News!!
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
4th Dec 08 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by John
You'll know after the internetz has found out.

you have no idea mr john.

what is your actual job in vodafone, thats been asked before and i dont think you answered.

im guessing you just work in upgrades or someothing seen as you said you have made money from the storm so im guessing thats your commision for selling it?
bubble

4th Dec 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by John
You'll know after the internetz has found out.

you have no idea mr john.

what is your actual job in vodafone, thats been asked before and i dont think you answered.

im guessing you just work in upgrades or someothing seen as you said you have made money from the storm so im guessing thats your commision for selling it?

no, everyone involved got commision.

i do device management-basically its upcoming models, who we get deals with(manufacturers), who we dont.
Nismo

4th Dec 08 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The other benifit of this phone is that next year Symbain goes open source so there will be thousands of add ons gadgets, widgets and apps!
bubble

4th Dec 08 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i actually do like this phone. i would like to see one
Nismo

4th Dec 08 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good review here

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8590_Nokia_N97-Nseries_with_QWERTY_.php
M2RTY

5th Dec 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am quite excited now

never felt like this since my n95, which I still use 2 years on, not see naything else I like as much since

bought an e90, but just didnt cut it for me, was an amazing phone and used every feature on it, but didnt see the point in 2 screens
M2RTY

5th Dec 08 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just wish the phone had D pad on other side when open ....fussy
Rob_Quads

5th Dec 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
The other benifit of this phone is that next year Symbain goes open source so there will be thousands of add ons gadgets, widgets and apps!

This is the one area I think apple have got ahead of the game by having thier App Store - you only need to look at the Android - it was launched all singing all dancing with coding comps to develop the best apps. At the time I thought it was going to be the thing to really give apple a run for its money but IMO its been a real failure. There are still hardly any apps developed for the platform, yes its early doors but they are really playing catchup. I can see Symbian going the same way.

If your a developer wanting to develop mobile apps - at the moment you are most likely to develop for the iPhone due to the instant large easy to get to market.

I know MS is bringing something similar out next year but I think Apple really has taken the lead here with the others going to really struggle to catch up.
Jambo

5th Dec 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Due to the excessive cost of such high end devices like the n96/7 its hard for the networks to subsidise the cost of the handsets and still make a profit. This is why Orange wont do it. I dont blame them either, they are a business that at the end of the day try to make a profit from you using your phone, a nokia 6300 thats costs them £50 to subsidise is more attractive than a £400 nseries to them as they saved £350 instantly.

So its understandable to see 3 being the only option for it. Tmobile have android, voda storm, o2 iphone and Orange are doing the touch Hd. They want to concentrate sales on devices they have heavily subsidised and or paid for exclusivity with!

And its not to say Carphone might not get it and put it on o2/orange.

People take for granted the true cost of a "free" phone on a contract. The market would be so much better if we were like Denmark tbh!

P.s id quite like a go on one!
bubble

5th Dec 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Due to the excessive cost of such high end devices like the n96/7 its hard for the networks to subsidise the cost of the handsets and still make a profit. This is why Orange wont do it. I dont blame them either, they are a business that at the end of the day try to make a profit from you using your phone, a nokia 6300 thats costs them £50 to subsidise is more attractive than a £400 nseries to them as they saved £350 instantly.

So its understandable to see 3 being the only option for it. Tmobile have android, voda storm, o2 iphone and Orange are doing the touch Hd. They want to concentrate sales on devices they have heavily subsidised and or paid for exclusivity with!

And its not to say Carphone might not get it and put it on o2/orange.

People take for granted the true cost of a "free" phone on a contract. The market would be so much better if we were like Denmark tbh!

P.s id quite like a go on one!

amen!!

as a guide to the above, the express nokia 5800, costs only £230.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll