corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
24th Nov 08 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Keane needs to step up his game

worthwhile purchase.

Yeah, I mean you lot havent noticed any change in form since he left have you?

Ah wait...
Danny P

24th Nov 08 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We won again
Tom

24th Nov 08 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jr
what about babbel (sp) he allways seems to do something in the brief hightlights i see off him ?

Babel.

He is hit and miss at the moment. He just isnt fit enough to play 90mins in the PL at the tempo he plays at - but he also isnt getting the time when he is on the pitch in a formation and position that he plays in.

He has the ability to be a great player, and he shows some signs of it in games, but if he cant find a way to bring it to a whole game then he wont make it.

Exactly, it's definately about adjusting/learning in the PL still and the fact he's generally still a bit raw. I've seen some flashes of brilliance from him but normally that's when he's throw on late in a game and can use his pace against tired defenders, his 1st touch lets him down quite a bit but he doesn't get picked for holland regularly for no reason. Frustrating but not worth writing him off just yet
Nismo

24th Nov 08 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Keane needs to step up his game

worthwhile purchase.

Yeah, I mean you lot havent noticed any change in form since he left have you?

Ah wait...

we have missed him from our squad, but then he was the best player we had, where as hes joined a team where hes middle class and it shows that he should have stayed with a lower level team.

Although without him you still cant beat us...
Cosmo

24th Nov 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
we have missed him from our squad, but then he was the best player we had, where as hes joined a team where hes middle class and it shows that he should have stayed with a lower level team.

Although without him you still cant beat us...

I'll take being kncoked out of a second rate comp and being in shite league position to be joint top fo the league

And he has shown class for us this season, and he'll come good once the whole team gets playing well (which we've not done this season yet).
jr

24th Nov 08 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was there a reason at home, agaisnt an average team like fulham, you played 2 very deffensive central midfielders ?

i would have thought (and not knowing who else you have) would have "gone" for it slightly more

saying that i suppose Torres, Keane and Kuyt are "quite" attacking
Cosmo

24th Nov 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
was there a reason at home, agaisnt an average team like fulham, you played 2 very deffensive central midfielders ?

i would have thought (and not knowing who else you have) would have "gone" for it slightly more

saying that i suppose Torres, Keane and Kuyt are "quite" attacking

Lucas isnt a defensive midfielder, he is a box to box player - the problem is he just isnt upto it (yet?) in the PL. It should really be a more attacking partnership than Masch/Alonso!
strick206

24th Nov 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not one team in the top 10 won this week

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread 24 database queries in 0.0185280 seconds