corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Furniture Refurbish

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Furniture Refurbish
Andrew

User status: Offline
5th Nov 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Nan died recently and we have all her furniture to distribute throughout the family. She never purchased flat pack shite, all was solid wood. I've managed to squeeze in one of her units into my front room and a corner unit. Both units i will keep for a life time and would like to have them refurbished at some point.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had things done before and if they can recommend somewhere that will do a good job. I know this will cost money, but money is not an issue here. Just would like both units done to the best possible standard.

I think the idea of purchasing an apartment has gone out the window, think i need a small house now Almost killed us getting it in
Colin

5th Nov 08 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pic's of said furniture.

tbh what ive seen of 'old people furniture' its best stuck on the bombfire...tonights your night mate
Andrew

5th Nov 08 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once i've done a bit of a tidy up i'll take some pics. Bit fucked at the minute to tidy up
ed

5th Nov 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or if you don't like it get it on Ebay. We collected a lot of big furniture in dark wood, none of it fitted in with our new house so I sold it on behalf of my parents. We were going to burn some of it, one of the items being a large oak table which was pretty tatty. It sold for £300
AK

6th Nov 08 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DIY....

paint stripper if its clarted in old varnish...
lots of steel whool.....

then have a look at laquers/polishes in B&Q etc to get ideas on colours/shades you want to get it to.

Remove and clean handles with brasso etc
Andrew

8th Nov 08 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleaned them up now. Big unit i might not keep as it's a little big for the room. Corner unit is solid oak and can restore that in my own time.

The big unit appears to be MDF with a kind of plastic finish. IS there anything that can be done with that or are there places that can restore it?

New Poll