corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 years time (lambo)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 5 years time (lambo)
ed

User status: Offline
31st Oct 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And clutches aren't service parts on them...

[Edited on 31-10-2008 by ed]
Colin

31st Oct 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be on 50-60k in under 2 yrs & wouldnt think I could afford to fun a supercar!!
Colin

31st Oct 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Old boss had a F355, told me a service cost him like 10k or something. You can pick them up for what 30-40k now! Still a 100k car though.

Even things like an RS4/6 will cost the earth to keep, £1200 for front brakes etc etc
deano87

31st Oct 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Even things like an RS4/6 will cost the earth to keep, £1200 for front brakes etc etc

Granted, but, and I use the term loosely, an RS4 is in essence just an Audi
Colin

31st Oct 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50-60k audi that will do 180+ with ease, its going to cost alot, its hardly gonna be 1.6L A3 bills!!
deano87

31st Oct 08 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True. Still cheaper than a Lambo with relatively 'normal' service intervals.

I guess what I meant is the hourly labour costs will be the same as a 1.6 A3, rather than stupidly high like Lambo etc.
Dom

31st Oct 08 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest, audi's aren't as expensive as people make out. Keep taking it to your audi dealer then fair enough but audi parts from Germany can be had cheap, add on a family mechanic and it'll will keep the bills on par with owning a saab (which he had before hand).

The lambo would probably still be half that in 5 years time, but if it's a minter and kept in a secure garage then i don't see what the problem is. Bills are high, but it's not as if you're going to be putting many miles on whilst your out at sea.

I would save the cash and see what prices are like in 5 or so years time and go from there.
Joe

31st Oct 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
And clutches aren't service parts on them...

[Edited on 31-10-2008 by ed]

Yeah I think they usually need a new clutch every 10k or so, that will be a few grand bill straight away. Crazy idea imo.
Colin

31st Oct 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices might not shift, look at the price of Diablo's just now 50-60k for one worth having! Galardo's could maintain their price, I cant see them becoming worth 30k!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 5 years time (lambo) 23 database queries in 0.0093300 seconds