corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » missfire and no power

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author missfire and no power
barneykarl

User status: Offline
1st Nov 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It gets worse and worse shit happens but it can be repaired new belt and tensioner head gasket set valves etc and you are back on the road , unlucky with the broken bolt good luck with it hope you get it sorted.
Mr Turner

1st Nov 08 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i aint to worried about the other bits, just the head bolt, thats gunna be a twat to get out.
mattievRS

2nd Nov 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove the rest of the head bolts and remove the head.Then get a pair of grips on it to unscrew it.
Mr Turner

2nd Nov 08 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you mean remove all the other then lift the head up off the broken bolt? this isant possable because the head bolt has like a washer type shape that sits flat on the head so i wouldnt be able to lift it off.
Will94

2nd Nov 08 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get an old allen key (that you dont wanna use again) and if you know anyone with a welder, tack the end of the allen key onto the head of the bolt and just unscrew it. i've done this with seized bolts before. just be sure to sheild the rest of the head from any spatter, dont want any of that getting in with the oil.

i'd reccommend either an arc welder for a nice penetrative tack (oo err!) unless you know some1 who has a very powerful mig
Mr Turner

2nd Nov 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i was thinking of doing something like that, pheraphs a bolt wleded to it. its no problem dads got a welder so will use that. hopefully it will come off.
Will94

2nd Nov 08 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will work so long as the tack is hot enough

its important to let it go stone cold on its own before you try it though. try while its still warm and it'll b more likely to shear off, or if you quench it to cool it down it'll go brittle

go and have a cuppa inbetween
Mr Turner

2nd Nov 08 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, this sounds like a pain in the arse, will update on how it goes tomoz
mattievRS

2nd Nov 08 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Turner
do you mean remove all the other then lift the head up off the broken bolt? this isant possable because the head bolt has like a washer type shape that sits flat on the head so i wouldnt be able to lift it off.

you stated the head had broken off which in my eyes would mean the head of the bolt so the washer would pull straight off
Mr Turner

2nd Nov 08 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh the head of the bolt sheered off, its got a washer on it but the bolt also has a wider part to it thats looks like a washer, its hard to explain, i will get a pic if i can
Mr Turner

3rd Nov 08 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the bolt that had sheered off out tonight, also took the head off as well, you could see that there were 2 bent valves on cylinder 4, i then decided to check all the valves and replace the oil seals while they were out, turns out all the exhaust cam valves were bent and also some of the valve guides had worn, will get the valves guides replaced tomorrow and order the parts i need.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll