corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Fifa 09 just arrived :D

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fifa 09 just arrived :D
AdZ9

User status: Offline
9th Oct 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You play 10v10 and take control of one player, you all pick a pos to play and its first come first served.

Everyone heads straight for Striker, so i go for Attacking Mid or a winger, other day I had Arteta in an Everton v Liverpool derby, loved it as i had all corners, freekicks (was alot of them) and got MoM due to my assists!
J da Silva

9th Oct 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Show off!
AdZ9

9th Oct 08 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luck mainly, my other games were shit

No matter how much i play, i still get sucked into ball watching and think im controlling all the players, next thing i notice i'm at the other end of the pitch offside!

I didn' know you can change the camera back to Tele in the 10v10 and BAP Seasons, but i keep it in arena mode as it feels more fun then!
J da Silva

9th Oct 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm way behind you lot in terms of the online gaming, the ethernet cable I got with the PS3 doesn't fit into the way FFS Do Sony do universal fitments for this?
Dan
Premium Member

9th Oct 08 at 16:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have we got 10 ps3 players? So we could have a 10vs 10 ??

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
bubble

10th Oct 08 at 07:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i downloaded demo, and found it just the same as the previous ones
Dan
Premium Member

10th Oct 08 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its nout like the previous ones i dont think. Game play is so much faster

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
radicalry00

10th Oct 08 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought this for the PS3 yesterday and I'm loving it. I'm doing pretty well in the Be A Pro season.

I'm up for a 10v10 game. My PSN name is radicalry00.
MJFF88

10th Oct 08 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Off to play some online now. FIFA up until 12, then FM08 for the rest of the day
MJFF88

10th Oct 08 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Online is borked. AGAIN. <3 EA

On BAP did somebody mention they started from the reserves? I have to be in the starting 11 or it wont let me continue ;s
AdZ9

10th Oct 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
Off to play some online now. FIFA up until 12, then FM08 for the rest of the day

bastard, sounds like my perfect day, im stuck at work although i have my macbook on me and i've installed FM Live on it so i keep going on that

I think I have some players off CS on my ps3 list, I know i got radicalry00 and I think I have Robbo (If he's RobboGTI), and some others but can't remember off top of my head

Add me: AdZ9 i'll be up for some online 10v10 etc
AdZ9

10th Oct 08 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MJFF88
Online is borked. AGAIN. <3 EA

On BAP did somebody mention they started from the reserves? I have to be in the starting 11 or it wont let me continue ;s

Yeh it was me, i made my player (from scratch) then i started and I was in the reserves, first game I got a hattrick so i boosted my rep straight from the start, played a fair few g ames in reserves then I played some First Team games vs the likes of Stoke/Hull etc, then i finally proved myself and I now start upfront with Pavlyuchenko or on my own depending on who i play.

I can't change tactics of the team or starting 11 until I become first team captain!
MJFF88

10th Oct 08 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm, Sounds completely different on mine

Conway563

10th Oct 08 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goona try and convince the g/f she should be this after work
MJFF88

10th Oct 08 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What skill level you on AdZ9? Perhaps its something to do with that
AdZ9

10th Oct 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea actually mate, its not the low one i think its the middle one, but you can change it game to game i think? It might be because your a different team, or its a random choice on what people get given as Tasks.

What position are you playing, what seasonal tasks did you get? I have to have a goal score of 50+, average rating of 8.0 and something else
MJFF88

10th Oct 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried with an already created player + my own created player at both Man U + Crystal Palace Playing CM or FC
xa0s
Banned

10th Oct 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine arrived 2 days before release, but I've been in hospital and haven't played it yet.

I might be allowed home for the weekend, so fingers crossed I'll be hammering it then.

I was very disappointed with the commentary on the demo. I have played Fifa 08 for literally days on end and I've heard every single commentary line over and over again. I can even predict what they're going to say before they say it and the main update I was looking forward to was different comments!

They should have downloadable updates with tons of new commentary to keep the game fresh...

I found the game OK. I think you just have to adapt to it. They've got like 15 years experience nearly. I'm sure they'll get it right... We're just used to how it used to work. Treat it as a new game in terms of controls.
AdZ9

10th Oct 08 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The old fifa wasn't even that good now when you think back though, I remember the proper old Fifas when you ran down the wing, crossed it in and over head kicked it in every single time it was a joke!

Fifa 95 was the best, Indoor Football too!

Also, being a newly converted Fifa player from Evo, it hasn't disappointed me and im glad i got it over the new evo when its out

[Edited on 10-10-2008 by AdZ9]
Laney

10th Oct 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got this for £23 from Morrisons
John G

11th Oct 08 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I've never played online before, I've always played in manager mode for some reason I never thought about going online, yet I've had a PS3 since they were first out. Do you just plug the cable in the wall then?

Your missing out, online play is the future
J da Silva

12th Oct 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right John, I think lazyness is a big part of it, I tried the ethernet cable in the wall, doesn't fit, instead of finding a solution I just chose to play normal game.
xa0s
Banned

12th Oct 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Mine arrived 2 days before release, but I've been in hospital and haven't played it yet.

I might be allowed home for the weekend, so fingers crossed I'll be hammering it then.

I was very disappointed with the commentary on the demo. I have played Fifa 08 for literally days on end and I've heard every single commentary line over and over again. I can even predict what they're going to say before they say it and the main update I was looking forward to was different comments!

They should have downloadable updates with tons of new commentary to keep the game fresh...

I found the game OK. I think you just have to adapt to it. They've got like 15 years experience nearly. I'm sure they'll get it right... We're just used to how it used to work. Treat it as a new game in terms of controls.

LOVE IT!

Superb game... They always better themselves. Love how quick the keepers pounce on the ball, and you can instantly kick it out... It's so much faster. Love how many animations exist, and it's all a lot more realistic...

Nice to see we have a ref and linesmen now... It's funny when the ball hits the ref. Shame you can't tackle the ref.

Not scored any good goals yet... Only in the box. Also haven't managed to score from the half-way line which I guess is more realistic (just less fun).

I'm going back into hospital now, but add me and I'll play when I get out... 10 vs. 10 online FTW.

bik3rluke
Eck
Premium Member

13th Oct 08 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is fantastic. So much faster and smoother than previous attempts. I do believe this will knock PES off my Top Footie Game chart
John G

13th Oct 08 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Well I love the gameplay, and the player graphics are alot better than I imagined, however I am seriously pissed off.........

Corinthians are not in the game, FUCK OFF! Because we were relegated we're obviously not in Serie A of the Brasiliero. Hang on would they be in 'Rest of the World' with Boca?

Think the answer to that is yes

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll