corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie Forum

Poll: Newbie Forum
  Yes - with nice people and harsh punishments for meanies
  No - introduce the harsh penalties to GC

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Newbie Forum
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Sep 08 at 15:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said, I'm saying nothing more to you as you take everything the wrong way.

Nope, im never wrong, thanks

[Edited on 16-09-2008 by Danny_v6]
Colin

16th Sep 08 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This place is silly, you all take CS too seriously

Come in, enjoy, dont take anything thats said to heart.

Newbie forum would possibly work to keep yet more stuff in a place, under a name, however people will still post whatevers on the tip of their tongue.

Newbie day - I dont think id have to time of day to use it!!
jr

16th Sep 08 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with Colin, IMO it will be quiet and not many people (current members) will use it to welcome new ones

myself and the other mods need to look after gc more, espically with regards to new members
Colin

16th Sep 08 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This forum works well because its direct & simple to use, once you take that element away you'll find folk like me that enjoy simple things in life not getting involved!!

I cant be doing with 12 main forums filtering 1200 sub forums in a website, it looks a headache & gives the impression its slow moving, in certain areas which in time I chose not to venture into.

If its not broken dont fix it, instead punish those that continue to push this clubs good name into the mud!!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

16th Sep 08 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
agree with Colin, IMO it will be quiet and not many people (current members) will use it to welcome new ones

myself and the other mods need to look after gc more, espically with regards to new members

I disagree, have you seen what this lot are like when a new girl signs up, they'd be checking in there every 20 seconds checkingfor any new victims to try and get pics of

Seriously tho, I imagine it would be very quiet and possibly give the wrong impression when they only get 1 or 2 replies. Just need to tighten things up in gc and sort out the few that seem to think every new member is a banned member, and the rest that seem to try their utmost to scare away new members. There's banter and then there's abuse, some people seem to struggle with where that line should be
Colin

16th Sep 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Demands for newbie female pic's on this forum have been around sinse Jesus was a lad. Its a bit of fun, though 95% of the time the desperado's go on overdrive & start stalking them.

Agreed certain people need to let go of the past & realise that its 2008 & the likes of Joff, Steve, OJC etc are in the past & not everyone that appears through the door is them in disguise

I think I posted a Joff comment once, at a new'b, it was in Spring 2006 iirc, seemed slightly funny back then.
Ian
Site Administrator

16th Sep 08 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting. Time to be clearer in here then.
All Torque

17th Sep 08 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome

[/Imperial Death March theme]
Rybo

17th Sep 08 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although my opinion might be near worthless as i was a noob not too long ago at all ive never had any agro but i think thats because im old enough to be cautious (sp?) about making a target out of myself, although i read a lot of banter that sometimes reaches the line it seems to be rectified soon enough,i dont think newbies should be sectioned in a seperate forum,maybe just cool down on the ribbing they get if they make an idiot of themselves,we've all been there and sometimes a bit of patience doesnt hurt if there harmless enough,people who stir shit and hurl harsh shit at members new or old should (in my opinion of course) be dealt with before people who are often just teenagers who arent up to speed on how things are here get destroyed for something thats nearly always harmless (i appreciate there is the odd tool-its life though)

for me its keep banter-deal with people who dont know what banter is.
Ben G

17th Sep 08 at 06:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never posted in newbie forum when i've joined a site.

it seems pointless. people will recognise your name in a thread if you are a frequent visitor of the site.
Ash_EP3

17th Sep 08 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You should just add a new tab "introductions and welcome" new people can then add a post saying hi and whatever...
Tommy L

17th Sep 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS in crown

I'll never visit the newbie section, as i just dont see the point in making a post like that.

Bring the harsh punishments to CS.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Newbie Forum 23 database queries in 0.0128620 seconds