corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike carbs + XE = ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike carbs + XE = ?
mantamark

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats the general consensus on bike carb'd xe's?

Have the chance of some Kawasaki 1100 carbs, management, fuel pump, dizzy, coil, carbs have been jetted for c20xe and rebuilt, then painted.

Just need inlet manifold, air filter & set up.

Worth the hassle?

Is Bogg Bros only place for manifold? Would it be worthwhile making my own? Have the base plate with the carbs, would just need some pipes to go from plate to carbs measured & made up.

Ideas please
ed

22nd Aug 08 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're usually only 40mm diameter, that's a bit narrow for a 2.0 engine really. People will probably say I'm wrong, but you'd get the same response from people if you were going to put on some Webber twin 40's...

Saying that, you can get a good power hike using them, especially if you have the right cams and jets fitted.

Bogg Bros. will do you an inlet and jet them out correctly for them engine though. You just need to tell them the spec of your engine for them to work best.
chrex

22nd Aug 08 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

manifold from bogg bros cost me £215 delivered.

I havent driven mine yet, but the bike carbs are supposed to be lower maintainance and have a slightly higher power increase than the webers/dellorto's of the same size. Plus they have better throttle response.

The jets should be 1.8mm for the xe and you'll be just fine!
mantamark

22nd Aug 08 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, engine is ok, got rebuild, 2.0 16v, ported & polished head, xev inlet, piper 270 cams, verniers, sbd type A manifold, 2.25" system, lightweight pully, f20 box, with f18w final drive.

So, should be a healthy engine when its going (in paint shop at moment)(still).
chrex

22nd Aug 08 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm...well the engine may not run at full pelt wit those carbs, but, like mine it wont be stressed and wil run comfortable power.

My C20SEH was RR'd at 174bhp @ wheels on injection. I reckon it'll run just under that on carbs but thats still enough atm tbh.

(I have R1 carbs btw)

[Edited on 22-08-2008 by chrex]
mantamark

22nd Aug 08 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be an improvment over the std injection though i guess?

Whats a good price for the kit that i've listed?
chrex

22nd Aug 08 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£200 is a good price. but £250 is probably about their true worth. if you can get em for £200 you've done well
mantamark

22nd Aug 08 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just need a manifold, think making one will be best, as 215 quid for a manifold is a bit loopy.

then need filter & set up
chrex

22nd Aug 08 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye...well i think pipercross actually sell a filter set up for those carbs (unlike mine wher i have to cut the filter base plate)...

If you can make a manifold that'll sure save you a load of money
mantamark

22nd Aug 08 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kit comes with the base plate for the manifold, so just need the pipework, which i can make to the exact size i want, then just need some adapters knocked up for the carbs to fit on.

Don't know what to do, if its worth the hassle or not.
chrex

22nd Aug 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its summit different thats why i went for it. i know its gonna be hard work keepin on top of them and all that, but i dont care...will be worth it i hope.
DAZ1985

23rd Aug 08 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv jus started making some inlet manifolds for my mate on a s1 rallye.saves the cost but its time consuming to do them.still im getting paid at work for doing them
SVM 286

23rd Aug 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not 100% certain but think AndyW had bike carbs on his red top.

If I remember correctly it was very tractable, drove nicely, sounded great and made good power.
av it

23rd Aug 08 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you also need a filterking regulator about £45 from bogg bros
and a low pressure fuel pump
a single outlet header tank
and either a breather filter or oil catch tank
and different ht leads as the normal ones dont fit the dizzy
i have gsxr 1100 carbs on mine with bogg bros manifold and the quality is mint mate do it proper and get a bogg bros one they sound awesome when on full throttle
and just to point out that its not actually true about jetting to 1.8
they should be jetted to 1.8 to start with and get it up and running then it needs rolling roaded to set it up correctly mine had 1.8 mil jets and the power increase was nothing until we DOWNSIZED the jets to 147.5 mil then the power shot up to 185bhp and 161bhp at the wheels so it all depends on engine wear and tear and spec its the cheapest reliable power increase imo apart from nos and the carbs are a piece of piss to maintain and can be overhauled for as little as £30 so far cheaper than webers and better all round also you will need a choke cable and a motorcycle brake/clutch cable for your accelerator

[Edited on 23-08-2008 by av it]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike carbs + XE = ? 23 database queries in 0.0111721 seconds