corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Central » Scrapyards Oxford

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scrapyards Oxford
Simon

User status: Offline
13th Aug 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want to try and get hold of the cigarette lighter part for a corsa B so thinking of trying a scrappie, is there any fairly local to Oxford?
Corsa_Joel

13th Aug 08 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.upmystreet.com/UK/findmynearest/motors/car-breakers-and-dismantlers/results/in/oxford-4418.html
Fonz
Premium Member

13th Aug 08 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i live in Harwell, Didcot and i use one in Drayton (village near Abingdon) or Haynes in Challow.

Drayton:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.647806,-1.302127&spn=0.001205,0.002824&t=h&z=19

Challow:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=51.594985,-1.455898&spn=0.002413,0.00361&z=18

the one at Drayton is ok but if you met the old guy expect 20 questions and then some!! the younger chap is wicked thou
Simon

13th Aug 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers! Im up Drayton every other weekend picking up food for my chameleon, im there this weekend so will pop over.

Never been to a scrappy for parts before, whats the score with it take what you need n pay on leaving or what?
Robbo

13th Aug 08 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup Ive used Haynes before as well and can recommned
Corsa_Joel

13th Aug 08 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon
Cheers! Im up Drayton every other weekend picking up food for my chameleon, im there this weekend so will pop over.

Never been to a scrappy for parts before, whats the score with it take what you need n pay on leaving or what?

Wear clothing with a lot of pockets
ar corsagsi

14th Aug 08 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

i live down the pet shop road? the scrapyard is tidy down there?
Simon

14th Aug 08 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ar corsagsi
quote:

Is yours the red gsi? Is there a quad bike or soemthing like that in the drive? If so I've noticed it!

the scrapyard is tidy down there? is that supposed to be a question?
Fonz
Premium Member

14th Aug 08 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo i agree for choice and freedom Haynes is great but some of the cars condition is worse for wear...dont go looking for panels

Sutton Wick (Drayton) do charge and make it up on the spot. charged me £20 for a headlight cluster for a Corsa B and £5 for a clock out of a Nova. they stamp it and give reciept to allow for returns but the chap there did annoy me just instantly thought i was stealing stuff (ok so i had some Nova switches in my pocket but still inoccent until proven guilty doesnt apply with him!)
younger chap is wicked. helped me out and even lent me a large screwdriver when the tools i took with me on one occation werent man enough.

the yard isnt tidy but when is a car yard? its well organised and the cars all in good condition other than a smash in the front/rear or side or just come to the end of their life.
ar corsagsi

14th Aug 08 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ar corsagsi
quote:

Is yours the red gsi? Is there a quad bike or soemthing like that in the drive? If so I've noticed it!

the scrapyard is tidy down there? is that supposed to be a question?

yea thats my red gsi,thats my little brothers quad lol. i was just saying its alot tidy down there compare to the others ive been to round the area!
Simon

16th Aug 08 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Met both old guy and the young guy, got what I wanted no problems, just got to work out where the wires go now, cheers for help guys
Fonz
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad to have helped!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » South Central » Scrapyards Oxford 24 database queries in 0.0104091 seconds