corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » horrible banging

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author horrible banging
mellor18

User status: Offline
9th Jul 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey people after some ideas please, i have a loud banging noise on the drivers side whenever i go over bumps or hit little bumps in the road, the bigger the bump the louder the noise... i have changed the damper on the front and also the bottom ball joint and the engine mount that fits inside the chassis leg on the right, checked the bottom arm and anti roll bar and they look fine, any ideas?? cheers
Corsa_Quadz

9th Jul 08 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you defo sure its coming from the front?
Mine makes some hideous noises goin over bumos, nut i think i need to get my rear shock replaced as the noise is my springs hitting together. (Coils clicking together)
mellor18

9th Jul 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer mate deffo the front drivers side, it bangs over bumps but when the impact os mostly on the drivers front its a more harsher thud. only been doing it a week but its really annoying me
danward

9th Jul 08 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine used to do it until today. The rubber on the top mount has perished causing the shock to wobble and bang at the top, replaced the all the rubbers and now its fine.
mellor18

9th Jul 08 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried that aswell but didnt do anything i cud try the bearing at the top of the stut what you think?

New Poll