corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Yorkshire » wheel refurb

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wheel refurb
steddy-eddie

User status: Offline
13th Jun 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are in the east yorkshire area and want your wheels refurbing i am offering the service to do it, if your wheels are scuffed and kerbed i can sort it out for you, if you supply the paint, primer, laquer so if the paint is not the same i cannot be held responsible (obviously you cannot get a colour match on an alloy wheel), i am also spraying wheels if you just want them a different colour again if you supply the primer, paint and laquer of whatever colour you want.

I am doing this service for 5 pound a wheel.
If you are interested pm me or contact me on 07732896997

I am also offering services of vehicles, you supply the parts and i do all the labour, i also will carry out brake checks, coolant checks, screenwash checks etc, if you are interested it will be a cost of 20 pounds.
Toby
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you will refurb 4 wheels for 20 quid if we suplly paint, laquer and primer? is it rattle cnas or do ytou use a compressor?

steddy-eddie

15th Jun 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rattle cans, but the finish i get are good, if you want a really good shine with them more laquer is needed, the wheels will be baked through the primer, paint and laquer stages, then after a week or 2 just lightly g3 them and they will come up excellent, i may have a job on for a friend in a couple of weeks, i will post pics up after i have done them
steddy-eddie

15th Jun 08 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i do them with rattle cans for now because i have only just got the place for my car and cant afford a compressor at the moment
Toby
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 11:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how many cans do you need per wheel? 2 primer 2 paint and one laquer?
steddy-eddie

15th Jun 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i do 3 layers of primer, 4 layers of colour and dependin on the type of shine you want for the amount of laquer i normally do 3
steddy-eddie

15th Jun 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it also depends on what size the wheels are to how much paint, primer and laquer. i have got some pics of my sport wheels that i have done which i will put up later, i rushed them a little because i didnt have any other wheels to go on and they were sprayed outside but look good.
emma09nov

15th Jun 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is a pic of the wheels we have done, ther a lil dirty, as ther on our corsa.

let me know wot u think.

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by emma09nov]
steddy-eddie

15th Jun 08 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some more pics of my wheels i did

these are pics of what they look like on the car

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by steddy-eddie]
Wrighty

15th Jun 08 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i refurbed some rims for about £30, wet n dry, big tin of 'trade' primer, 3 tins of gloess black and they came out that good, people were asking which garage had done them!

all in prep work, they were 17's but could have done with another tin of paint to be perfect
steddy-eddie

16th Jun 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i mean i have my own sandpaper so that doesnt need to be supplied but if someone has kerb marks on 1 wheel and just want 1 fixing it is easier if they supply the paint, i will fix the kerb mark or scuff and because you cant get a proper colour match for alloy wheel silver i cannot be held responsible if the colour match is wrong if you supply the paint but if you are doing 1 wheel you may aswell do all 4, i am getting people to supply the paint because then they can choose the colour they want e.g if they have a paint code for a colour they want there wheels they can go to a bodyshop suppliers or to halfords and get the exact colour they want and then i dont get the wrong colour and they are not happier it just makes things easier, they are 5 quid a wheel because i know what its like you want a cheap job, it is cheap 5 quid a wheel they woulkd cost from 40 quid upwards in a bodyshop or powdercoaters and as you can see from my wheels the finish is good, if i did it with a spray gun obviously the price would be more because the paint costs more. and ii also depends on amount of paint to what the size of the wheels are

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » Yorkshire » wheel refurb 24 database queries in 0.0111489 seconds