corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » cheap decent camera

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author cheap decent camera
Matt L

User status: Offline
5th Jun 08 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and my brother are thinking of going travelling for 2 weeks in aug (not much time really but i work so cant have that much time off but still should be good ) hes just come back from a year out in oz but anyway im not taking my decent camera even though its relitively cheap (£150) but id like a really cheap but still decent camera that i dont really mind if it gets nicked
Hoddo

5th Jun 08 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

canon ixus. amazing PoS.
Matt L

5th Jun 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hoddo
canon ixus. amazing PoS.

which one as the ones that come up are all about 130odd i want one thats half that price ideally
Butler

6th Jun 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pentax L50, Nikon S210, Sony W170, Canon 82 IS, depends how much you have? I assume you want a compact though.
Matt L

6th Jun 08 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Pentax L50, Nikon S210, Sony W170, Canon 82 IS, depends how much you have? I assume you want a compact though.

as cheap as possible under 80ish ideally only going to be used for 2 weeks
Butler

6th Jun 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At that price just make sure you get one with lithium type battery, aa's are utter crap.
Matt L

6th Jun 08 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill probably get some rechargeably batteries or something if they are aa ones.
Butler

6th Jun 08 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously youll get about an hours use out of aa's they will soon piss you off. Dont spend anything under 100 on a new camera, try and get one second hand if thats your budget. Otherwise buy a second hand manual SLR on ebay and do it the traditional way
Matt L

6th Jun 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt go manual as i want to make sure the pics look good before i leave the place and i dont really want to spend more than 80odd purely because its only going to be used for 2 weeks and as a very high chance of getting stolen.
Ben G

6th Jun 08 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a sony cybershot DSC-W55 which does me well. nothing special but then i'm not anarty farty sod and just take random pics of my car/girlfriend etc. 7.2 mp's, more than enough
Paul_J

9th Jun 08 at 01:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Butler

James is the Nikon S210 any good? I want a small, thin camera that doesn't weigh much - so I can take on travelling with me.

I found some things that raved about the Nikon S210, but then I found some reviews (cnet for example) that said it was shite.

To be honest I'm not too bothered about having the ability to change all settings or anything, as I don't gaf about that.

but what worried me about it is some people saying A ) all the pics taken were blurred or B ) the anti shake didn't work?

Anyone had experience and can confirm or recommend me different that is similar?
Butler

9th Jun 08 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havent tested it to such a degree, you might find those pics were taken under bad light when the camera compensated with a longer shutter speed and so produced blurry pics? I like it because its compact and straight forward. I prefer the Pentax S10, same price but 10 megapixels as opposed to 8 and just as small in size. My manager has the older v10 and loves it. Think the S10 is being discontinued but dont quote me on that, for the price though id try and get my hands on one. Go into jessops and have a play, they wont mind.
Paul_J

10th Jun 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got the coolpix s210 today and it seems to take nice pictures, as long as you don't want to get it to do anything fancy.

Flash is blinding though!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » cheap decent camera 24 database queries in 0.0137451 seconds