corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Domain forwarding..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Domain forwarding..
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th May 08 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just bought a couple of website names, im going to forward them to my ebay shop.

But im a little confused, when i went to there forwarding manager, it asks for the domains you want to manage, and i can put anything in i like. google.com etc etc,

how does this work then, because surely it wont forward anysite without me being the owner :s

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 08 at 22:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No - it's a two stage process. DNS on the domain will direct internet traffic in there then your own hosting service will dish it out from there. You don't have control over DNS for google.com so you'll never get an incoming request from it. You will however have incoming DNS for the domains which you own.

You could set up CS ones, it would only actually do the job if I moved the CS domain to point at your hosting for example.
Dan
Premium Member

4th May 08 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what happens now. i put my two domain names into the list that i own. they dont do anything yet. i dont have hosting, i just want them to forward to my ebay shop

Ian
Site Administrator

4th May 08 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the DNS is OK it should work I would think.
Dan
Premium Member

5th May 08 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep. its all sorted and works. i really dont get how that works still.

i had to sign up seperatly to the forwarding manager. Does it go off my name and address etc to verify i own it?

New Poll