corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Anyone interested in Llandow Track day on 4th April next week? Warm up for combe.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone interested in Llandow Track day on 4th April next week? Warm up for combe.
Paul_J

User status: Offline
27th Mar 08 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, I may be attending this track day with SSC

http://www.saxosportsclub.com/ForumsPro/viewforum/f=27.html

But they've currently got quite a few spare spaces, llandow is quite a small track and I think it'll only have a few cars out on track at any time, but it'll be a good chance to get used to being on track and shake down for your car...

My car's currently got a few problems with it, but i think I may still go anyway.

Since I don't really know that many SSC members (though the people i do know are nice guys) I was wondering if some of you guys wanted to come along?

Be good practice for some of your guys never been on track before... May have a passenger seat for anyone that I can pick up along the way or wants to drive to my house for the day.
Paul_J

27th Mar 08 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.S. this is llandow

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I_rCqNe7MkI
Paul_J

27th Mar 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another vid without the wind noise

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BJyWYz4873w
SportBoy

28th Mar 08 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this guy will never make f1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E9_PVFvFN1s&feature=related
Paul_J

28th Mar 08 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul_J

28th Mar 08 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i must admit i've watched a few of these vids and am like wtf? why they all going so slow? tho they usually get quicker towards the end of session.

A lot of people seem to like to play 'follow each other in a big train' on track
SportBoy

28th Mar 08 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye and theres always one that dont move out the way to let you past .. which is even more annoying when you dont have the power to outrun them on the straights

[Edited on 28-03-2008 by SportyBoy]
Rob B

28th Mar 08 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No money
Dan Lewis

28th Mar 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3hours away hmmmm, would go if it was 100% going to be 70 but dont fancy forking out an extra 30 odd quid on the day too
Paul_J

28th Mar 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh multimap says 3 hrs to me too lol

lies

Basically keep watching the thread dan, there's about 6-7 people who say they're going but are awaiting the payment confirmation, I think they'll hit the minimum no sweat.
MGM

28th Mar 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Llandow is probably about 2 hours, maybe a bit more depending on whether there's a queue at the toll. just remember to have £5.30 handy or they do turn you round
Paul_J

29th Mar 08 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sort of thing annoys me

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7oJ0BFntQfY

That car is like 200-250 bhp ...

Had thousands spent, everything is 100%, suspension, brakes, LSD, etc etc...

Yet, look how it's driven, super slow through any corner, and then nailed down the straight. Then starts braking miles away from any corner.

This is why when people look at paper figures and track days, it means nothing...

I honestly could go round quicker than that and my car is so inferior to it. Car deserves to be driven harder than that...

it takes no skill to accelerate quickly down a straight and a lot more rewarding to carry the speed through the bend.
MGM

29th Mar 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sybez's? probably afraid of putting it into a wall, I would be had I spent that much.
Paul_J

29th Mar 08 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MGM
sybez's? probably afraid of putting it into a wall, I would be had I spent that much.

Yeh but imo, it highlights why most people don't need to spend that much.

Loads of people build their track car's way before ever touching a track and so they chuck loads of money at it, upgrading everything possible, and in this case to the best possible elements.

Watching that vid, standard brakes with uprated pads like DS2500's would've been easily sufficent due to how early he was braking... A fairly basic suspension setup would also of been sufficent with the (lack of) speed he was carrying through the bends.

I'm a firm believer that before anyone should spend serious amounts of money on their car for track days, they should first try it on track standard / with the basics (new pads, fluid, maybe springs / dampers) done.

Then once they feel they're going as fast as that setup can take them, then decide 'ok, what is holding me back... how can i go faster'.

I'm not having a dig really at sybez or his car, just more at the many people who build their track cars and never attend a track day constantly saying 'It's not ready yet' ... while they spec it up to the highest spec... then when they finally get it on track, it's slower (in the bends) than a fairly standard car.
MGM

29th Mar 08 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh no i agree with you, in the case of that particular car he's spent as much on chrome for the engine bay as he has on everything else iirc.

most drivers would be perfectly suited with a standard gti to start with. plenty of car to learn in (was about right for me!)
Paul_J

30th Mar 08 at 23:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Batty boys none of you chumps up for this? £67 for whole day is cheap.

I'm gonna go to it I think. I think i fixed my front suspension issue and gonna get some new brake discs...

Anyone want to come passenger for free day out / keeping me company in the car?
MGM

31st Mar 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul do you know the format of the day? And how they are pricing it?
Paul_J

31st Mar 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8.30am Gates open

9.10am Signing on

9.30am Circuit Safety Briefing (will be announced over tannoy system)

10.00am - 5.00pm Track activities

1.00pm - 2.00pm Lunch break

3.15 – 3.30 pm Afternoon break

5:30 close

Basically split into 3 groups, novice / inter / pro in the morning after briefing... and go out in those groups up until lunch time.

Then after lunch scrap the groups and go 'open pit' so anyone can go out anytime in any group.

If all spaces get filled, it's £67 for SSC members or £79 for non members.
T-Cupra

31st Mar 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Llandow is a good beginner track and is quite a nice run to get there. Ive done hastings to Llandow on a sat morning in 3 hours in a diesel passat.

Dont use j33 off the m/way use j35 and turn right at the roundabout heading away from Llandow on the A473, at the first roundabout turn right into Felindre rd, follow the road and you go under the M4 keep going for several miles to the end of the road this is a stagared cross road with the opposite road slightly to the right, turn left and then right into the opposite(left) road, the road you cross is the A48.you are now on the road to the track, follow it for several miles through a narrow stretchr (keep your eyes pealed for the strange petrol pumps in the garden on the right just before it goes narrow) and when the road opens out with very few trees the circuit will apear on your right!!!!! have fun all and keep it rubber side down!
pow
Premium Member

5th Apr 08 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh shit, wish I'd known about this mate, would have come along with you

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » WR Archive » Anyone interested in Llandow Track day on 4th April next week? Warm up for combe. 23 database queries in 0.0190239 seconds