corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » urgent need help ASAP

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author urgent need help ASAP
Forbes789

User status: Offline
   18th Mar 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been oot in the car earlier on everything was fine

went out just now to unlock the car and nothing happened, the light on the alarm button still lights so its not that, but i cant unlock the doors cause there doesnt seem to be power, and i cant use the keys cause its delocked handles, tried opening the bonnet, no luck. and smothed boot with poper in the car so no luck there.

anyone got any ideas, really need help. got work in a few hours and need the car running????

please help guys?
Corsa_Quadz

18th Mar 08 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First of all you need to wedge the door open, and find i long strong enough piece of wire to hook the bonnet catch.
Then jus behind the fan is a plug connector this is for your reverse light switch.
Take a piece of normal electrical wire (Copper) and touch it on the positive side of battery.
Put other end of wire into the reverse light socket not the plug and ur dash board lights, ignition lights will come on
Find another piece of strong wire to put the window down

Hey presto!!

Be careful though becasue the deadlock system is a bastard!!
Olsrey

18th Mar 08 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bonnet gets stuck every so often, just press really hard down on the bonnet and then try opening it again.
DAZ1985

18th Mar 08 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Quadz
First of all you need to wedge the door open, and find i long strong enough piece of wire to hook the bonnet catch.
Then jus behind the fan is a plug connector this is for your reverse light switch.
Take a piece of normal electrical wire (Copper) and touch it on the positive side of battery.
Put other end of wire into the reverse light socket not the plug and ur dash board lights, ignition lights will come on
Find another piece of strong wire to put the window down

Hey presto!!

Be careful though becasue the deadlock system is a bastard!!

how to brake in a corsa in other words. should have u2u'd it to him
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

18th Mar 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that method wont work, reverse light works from a switched earth so putting 12v to it wont power up the ignition live circuit.
DAZ1985

18th Mar 08 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all good then
Forbes789

19th Mar 08 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fixed it

my bumper was on with 2 rivets at the side and cable ties at the top cause its fukd waitin on my new one so i just took off the bumper and pulled the bonnet with lifted the bonnet and charged up the battery and when i coneected it again it works fine
Corsa_Quadz

19th Mar 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so ow come it worked for mine then? a 12v current onto the plug lights the reverse lights. If you put it into the plug housing it lights the dash lights, switched earth or not it still works.
Corsa_Quadz

19th Mar 08 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol should have u2u'd really!!

New Poll